Author Topic: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)  (Read 61303 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Veinsormoot (Split from Luria Nova thread)
« Topic Start: August 19, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
Indeed. Alanna has heard of it, and knows generally that it's a guild somewhere in the west.  She probably even knows that it was Hireshmont who mentioned it.  But she has, first of all, no reason to think that it would be the body to contact to negotiate anything with the west...
Brance has been in contact with the rulers of both D'Hara and Terran. Neither have mentioned the Veinsormoot in their talks on politics.

I think that if the Veinsormoot wants to make a political splash, they should engage in some self-promotion at the ruler level. But still, the Veinsormoot is still a guild. As Anaris points out, that makes it very difficult to contact or negotiate with. SA has the same problems. But then again, the religious leadership of SA doesn't generally get involved with politics. They make requests of the secular leaders, who then take care of it. As I've mentioned before (in this thread, I think?) you don't make treaties with SA. You make treaties with the secular leaders of the member theocracies.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.