Author Topic: Lurian News  (Read 60007 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian News
« Reply #75: August 25, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
Feels like poor sportsmanship. The only reason to pause, is because you hope that the circumstances will change during Aumary's absence.

Thats basically my complaint. And it is poor sportsmanship.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: August 25, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
1. Then why not kill him off?
2. According to the OOC there was a lot of IC reasons. Tyrants and all that.
3. No he would not be able to stay in PeL, or if he dead we had people in place ready to make sure he wouldnt escape.

How can we plan for OOC stuff?

1. Because it's !@#$ing Amaury. Like it or not, he's one of the driving forces behind everything that goes on right now. I'm not gonna just kill him off because 2 or 3 people decide he's a meanie and should die. I'll kill him off when I feel like it. I decide what happens to my characters.
2. Please. All the 'reasons' given by the rebels were skilfully filleted by Amaury, and Koli himself declared there was no reason for a rebellion.
3. People? Like the one assassin you had that skipped the realm today? Carter De La Fere, the wildly unpopular judge of PeL? Better nobles than that have tried to take him down.

There is literally nothing that you could do to him right now that changes by pausing him. Koli guaranteed him safety until he'd found another realm. Mattias was never going to kill him, nor was anyone in SA. In fact, I'm putting him closer to harm than anyone else could have put him, because now the judge of PeL can ban him whenever he pleases, and Amaury will be smack in the center of Askileon when he unpauses. I could have just as easily kept him a rogue for 2 more days and moved a few regions to the north, deep into rogue territory, where he would be well out of reach of anyone.

So please, work out your frustrations in another way. Pausing or not, you would have never succeeded in killing Amaury. Turn it however you like, those are the facts.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: August 25, 2011, 10:26:37 PM »
All
1. Because it's !@#$ing Amaury. Like it or not, he's one of the driving forces behind everything that goes on right now. I'm not gonna just kill him off because 2 or 3 people decide he's a meanie and should die. I'll kill him off when I feel like it. I decide what happens to my characters.
2. Please. All the 'reasons' given by the rebels were skilfully filleted by Amaury, and Koli himself declared there was no reason for a rebellion.
3. People? Like the one assassin you had that skipped the realm today? Carter De La Fere, the wildly unpopular judge of PeL? Better nobles than that have tried to take him down.

There is literally nothing that you could do to him right now that changes by pausing him. Koli guaranteed him safety until he'd found another realm. Mattias was never going to kill him, nor was anyone in SA. In fact, I'm putting him closer to harm than anyone else could have put him, because now the judge of PeL can ban him whenever he pleases, and Amaury will be smack in the center of Askileon when he unpauses. I could have just as easily kept him a rogue for 2 more days and moved a few regions to the north, deep into rogue territory, where he would be well out of reach of anyone.

So please, work out your frustrations in another way. Pausing or not, you would have never succeeded in killing Amaury. Turn it however you like, those are the facts.

!@#$ em.
Come to Madina! ;)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: August 26, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »

While I see no problems in you pausing Amaury , I must say that statement is not entirely correct. The reasons being "skilfully filleted" is at the very least debatable (though you are entitled to your own opinion, of course), and Koli never said anything like that there was no reason for a rebellion. In fact he stated nothing, all he did was ask if he would be correct in saying that Amaury had been thrown out of his position not for having committed a crime, but for the nobles being unhappy with his rule. Which basically sums it up: Amaury did nothing technically illegal, he simply ruled in an unpopular manner.

Being thrown out for no reason and being thrown out for monopolizing the government and concentrating too much power? Big difference.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: August 26, 2011, 05:54:40 AM »
There is also a big difference between protesting and rebelling. Koli was quite clear that the latter should not have happened.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: August 26, 2011, 06:30:42 AM »
I don't really think that's something to complain about OOC. Even if all their arguments are "skillfully filleted", simple hunger for power is enough justification for me, at least OOC.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: August 26, 2011, 06:35:57 AM »
There is a large difference between Koli saying that a rebellion was unjustified, and there being "no reason" for a rebellion.

And I get very annoyed when I see people start tossing accusations of cheating or the ever-popular "borderline" cheating without anything resembling evidence of an attempt to game the system.  Pausing one character and starting another is not gaming the system, it is how the game works.  Amaury is not "escaping" anything, Sacha simply did not want to play Amaury further but wanted to continue playing in Luria.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: August 26, 2011, 06:36:17 AM »
I don't really think that's something to complain about OOC. Even if all their arguments are "skillfully filleted", simple hunger for power is enough justification for me, at least OOC.

but rational logic ALWAYS works to calm a crowd right?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: August 26, 2011, 07:20:16 AM »
but rational logic ALWAYS works to calm a crowd right?

Only if they are angry.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: August 26, 2011, 07:53:31 AM »
There is also a big difference between protesting and rebelling.

There were public protests through letters (without having used the game-mechanics protest option, true) before the rebellion. Are you complaining that Amaury was not informed a rebellion was coming? That it should have been hinted at him?

Koli was quite clear that the latter should not have happened.

Where did he said that? Not in the Halls of Luria, or in any public channel available for the Novans.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: August 26, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »
It sounds as if the Lurian Hegemony is very similar to SA in the way that they bicker.  Sanguis Astroism has been rather cordial lately, but we have had some pretty good fights in our day.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: August 26, 2011, 08:10:26 PM »
It sounds as if the Lurian Hegemony is very similar to SA in the way that they bicker.  Sanguis Astroism has been rather cordial lately, but we have had some pretty good fights in our day.

It's been dead quiet since the war started. I predict that once our enemies are scattered and beaten, our sense of purpose will melt away again and it'll be shenanigans in no time.  :)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: August 26, 2011, 11:45:05 PM »
What I think was the greatest irony of the Crusade, is that it seemed to create what it set out to defeat.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: August 27, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
Well, I have to give Caerwyn credit for that. We had no intention of trying for Caerwyn until they put the idea into our heads. And now, I think just about every city Caerwyn used to own will end up with a nice SA temple in it. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: August 27, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »
The best way to deal with SA is not to deal with them at all, it would seem. Attack them and they'll unite to rip you several new !@#$%^&s. Leave them alone, and soon enough they start turning on each other :P

And so, once more a Dwilight topic gets hijacked by SA :o