Author Topic: Giblot: Dead or Alive?  (Read 38657 times)

egamma

Re: Giblot: Dead or Alive?
« Reply #15: September 07, 2011, 04:07:16 AM »
Markus/Lucius not General any more then? They were my character's main problem.

I play her as a military strategist (she was invited to Giblot from Assassins to do exactly that) and it was fine whilst the old General was in charge, Allyah had free reign to do whatever she wanted that followed his orders and I didn't lose a single battle (despite Markus/Lucius crying about terrible strategies). Then one lost battle in Outer Tilog city because of Markus not following orders (admittedly I would be abusing battle mechanics a little there, so probably deserved a loss). Markus (or was it Lucius?) got General, sent very late orders countermanding my previous move orders to kick out Lukon from a region. I argued it was suicide because people wouldn't see the orders. Battle was lost because some people couldn't log in to see the orders and others did - some even ignored them because it was from the General and not the Marshal. 150 gold fine was given to Allyah. She was stripped of her Marshal position and then military strategy was never discussed in public again. Every time I tried to bring it up was met with a "remember what happened last time" or "no, I'm General/Marshal" from Markus/Lucius. Then nobody would give her a knighthood, meaning the fine couldn't be paid off so I couldn't really play the game, so I left.

It all just felt very cliché-y and secretive once Lucius/Markus was made General. Quite a few other people pointed this out to me in private after I had that OOC rant.

If I sound bitter by the way, it's because I am. I enjoyed Giblot, but my fun was shot down in flames by one player on a power trip.

I find the Domitas brothers to be extremely annoying. The problem is, nobody is even trying to run against Lucius for General, and until that happens, the judge can't ban him. I suppose I should have played 'rebel judge' and not fined you, but that would be against Gellin's religion, which emphasizes order, etc.