Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 118182 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #315: September 28, 2011, 07:23:14 AM »
Personally, that's one of the things I really like about Astrum. We are mostly united as a realm-based team, rather than a bunch of people standing asking "What's in it for me?" Gold, food, etc. is all (usually) directed where it needs to go, and not based on how much profit can be gotten out of it. Part of that is, of course, the unifying effect of the common faith, and the shared goals it provides. But even beyond that, most of us just aren't into the whole "me me me me me!" thing.

1 region produce lots of gold and little food, the other region produce lots of food and little gold. the fair thing to do with be to pay decent gold for food. that's not really about profit. but what happens quite frequently is that the cities don't want to pay for food and then call the food producers greedy when asked to pay a decent sum, thus gets to keep all those shiny gold and get to play generous man going around shouting "i've got gold to hand out, who needs it". whereas if they just pay a decent price, no one will need to ask for gold in the 1st place really.
firefox