Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 117003 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #270: September 26, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
Regarding religion:

When I click on religion (Koli Bedwyr, Dwilight, Dantooine) all I get on the page is this text.

"There are ca. 1960 believers in your faith The Manifest Path in this region. That's about 99% of the population."

is that a dwi thing? on bt, my p/d sees normal priest options under religion... (preach, etc) haven't actually try using them as that's not in my plan. mind you.. the priest is within own realm, though that shouldn't make any difference.

unless of course.. they fixed whatever it was already?
----
now i'm getting it in bt.. how odd XD
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:07:53 AM by fodder »
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: September 26, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
Currently knights cannot see how much the lord's share is, nor lords can see the duke's share. I suppose dukes cannot see the realm share either. Is that intentional, or as I think more likely something that will change?

Politics -> Your estate. It tells at least a knight how much the lord takes. I'd expect it works for lords as well.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: September 26, 2011, 11:35:40 PM »
nope.. lord's doesn't say how much the duke takes. or at least i can't see it.

even for the knight, it's in numbers not %.. but no big deal, except no idea if those numbers are with or without maintenance... and it also seems buggy (reported on bugtracker)
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #273: September 26, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »
Also, I'm not really a fan of those hard limits.

Neither am I, which is why they are far beyond anything that one could call "reasonable", even if both drunk and stoned. The hard limits are there to make sure nobody does insane crap that 20 people then go complaining about in the forum. Really, if you hit them, you've gone off the deep end.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: September 27, 2011, 05:35:51 AM »
So, one of my characters is on Dwilight, and is the Banker of a realm. As far as I can tell from the advent of the New Estate System, I am officially out of a job. I don't actually do anything anymore. I don't have access to any actual ability to change anything related to taxes, as usually suits what a banker is supposed to do. This is on top of the fact, that we already have reduced duties for the banker because their involvement in the food process right now is minimal right now anyway. A banker's access to food data isn't anymore than a Duke already has, and since banker's can't actually move food around any more I'm essentially a scapegoat which people can blame when things go bad, but I can't actually do anything at all.

What is the point of even having a banker any more right now? Unless, we create like a realm bank system where all of the "ruler's share" goes into a bank vault that a banker can distribute and use in place of the ruler or something, there is no point in having a banker. Or if lords are given the option to let the banker have control once again of their food stores directly, I don't see why we have this council position.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: September 27, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
So, one of my characters is on Dwilight, and is the Banker of a realm. As far as I can tell from the advent of the New Estate System, I am officially out of a job. I don't actually do anything anymore. I don't have access to any actual ability to change anything related to taxes, as usually suits what a banker is supposed to do. This is on top of the fact, that we already have reduced duties for the banker because their involvement in the food process right now is minimal right now anyway. A banker's access to food data isn't anymore than a Duke already has, and since banker's can't actually move food around any more I'm essentially a scapegoat which people can blame when things go bad, but I can't actually do anything at all.

What is the point of even having a banker any more right now? Unless, we create like a realm bank system where all of the "ruler's share" goes into a bank vault that a banker can distribute and use in place of the ruler or something, there is no point in having a banker. Or if lords are given the option to let the banker have control once again of their food stores directly, I don't see why we have this council position.

I believe it was said at some point earlier that finding a new niche for the banker would basically be the top priority after the update.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: September 27, 2011, 06:17:58 AM »
A few things seem to have been bugged. For example, police work no longer uses up your hours and has no impacts. You also don't see the information bar at the bottom after performing it. (appears to have been fixed)

By the way, has anyone answered the question about the other council positions yet? I remember the question having been asked, but I don't remember an answer. Where do generals, bankers, and judges get their extra income from, if any?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:36:35 AM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: September 27, 2011, 07:07:47 AM »
A few things seem to have been bugged. For example, police work no longer uses up your hours and has no impacts. You also don't see the information bar at the bottom after performing it. (appears to have been fixed)

By the way, has anyone answered the question about the other council positions yet? I remember the question having been asked, but I don't remember an answer. Where do generals, bankers, and judges get their extra income from, if any?

We got no extra income for council positions in PeL so I'm guessing they don't any more.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: September 27, 2011, 07:12:55 AM »
Right now they don't Chénier.

By the way, some issues:
* Even being within the duchy, we received bonds instead of cash. Is that intentional?
* I noticed the following message:
Herle: Lack of knights reduces region control. The people here do not like being ruled by us. Production is being restored through regular repairs. Production rises 10%. Morale falls 2%.
Does this mean knights still influence control, or is it just a reminiscent message from the old code but of no effect? I am also curious as how the Production, Morale, Loyalty and Control changes will be handled (totally random/only based in king's presence, tax rate and population and lord's faith?).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: September 27, 2011, 07:35:41 AM »
The old estate options do appear to still be there.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #280: September 27, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »
So, one of my characters is on Dwilight, and is the Banker of a realm. As far as I can tell from the advent of the New Estate System, I am officially out of a job.

Sorry that I didn't say this everywhere, but I did send an incomplete update live. If you check the Wiki page, it even lists a couple things that are not yet done. So please hold any complaints until it actually is done, ok?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #281: September 27, 2011, 08:23:03 AM »
The old estate options do appear to still be there.

where? please don't post generic sentences like that, it really doesn't help me, and it's rather frustrating to have to ask for details all th time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: September 27, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
where? please don't post generic sentences like that, it really doesn't help me, and it's rather frustrating to have to ask for details all th time.

Things are changing on me as I type, I swear.

Maybe it disappeared with the full TC? Police work didn't work last turn, and now it's working fine. I could swear I still saw estate tools last turn, and I don't see them anymore.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: September 27, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »
Who has powers to appoint new Lords?

We TO'd a region this turn - but as the Ruler I don't see options to appoint the new Lord anywhere.

Is it now the Duke's ? 

In the Hierarchy page the region does not show up - not Imperial like it would have been (no more imperial regions right?), but it is also not part of the Duchy it was next too.  So can the Duke appoint still (Nosferatus says:  No).

Guess this is just brokens till :D  Oh well, if we can get that working in the next few turns that'd be awesome.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #284: September 27, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »
Who has powers to appoint new Lords?

We TO'd a region this turn - but as the Ruler I don't see options to appoint the new Lord anywhere.

Is it now the Duke's ? 

yes, but apparently the duchy-assignement is broken.