Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 23698 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Topic Start: March 07, 2011, 11:19:51 PM »
How about praise for Sanguis Astroism? Do I have to open a new thread for that?  :P

I'll just say that Sanguis Astroism is the only religion in BattleMaster that has ever really piqued my interest. I don't think any other one has managed to come up with as compelling a religion. And it really has nothing to do with the depth of theology, either. In fact, I think it's quite the opposite. The fact that it is not all written down and set in stone probably has a lot to do with it. There's a feeling that people can contribute and make their mark on things. Rather than have everything carved in stone and handed down from on high, individual players can generally feel like they can help shape the evolution of the theology. So, there's no creation mythos? Feel free to write it, and then we can all get together and debate it. Is there an afterlife among the Stars? Who know. Why don't you write your own interpretation of the Prophet's words and present it to the members for debate. I think that provides for a much better player atmosphere than those religions where one person sits down and writes everything and then tells you what you should believe.

Since this relates more to the religion thread than SA itself, tell me... If they can discuss about creation mythos and the afterlife, *do they*?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron