Author Topic: Accusations of cheating  (Read 33887 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Accusations of cheating
« Reply #30: October 07, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »
But my point was: any evidence would be almost impossible to produce.
I know that was your point. It's a completely irrelevant point. The Social Contract very clearly says no accusations without proof. No proof? Then don't accuse. Full stop.

How are you going to provide the out-of-game communication that they supposedly used to plan?
That's the accuser's problem, not mine. The difficulty of proving the accusations does not provide an exemption from the rules.

Or how would a player prove that no IC letters were sent? Unless someone bragged about it somewhere... ;)
Proof that no IC letters were sent is not required. All that is required is proof that things were decided OOC. For example, a forum post/IRC log/MSN log/etc. from 6 months before the realm was formed that outlines exactly how the realm would be set up, and then when it is formed, it turns out exactly that way, then does it really matter how much was sent IC?

Is this hard stuff to get? Of course it is. It pretty much requires that the people doing it were sloppy. But if you don't have OOG logs of some discussion, then you cannot have conclusive proof. You may have suspicions, but you can't have proof. For all you know, it could have been decided by private message. (Which it was.)

This thread is not for discussions about changing the rules. It's a thread about judging the validity (or lack thereof) of George Dion's complaint. I think everyone, especially George, would appreciate it if you stop trying to derail this thread with tangential issues, irrelevancies, and unrelated hypotheticals, and stick to the actual case itself. If you want to make a proposal to change the rules, which may or may not be a good idea, then go here.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.