Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 45885 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #30: June 10, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »
Arella wasn't ruler when it happened, and only brought it up to prove Sorraine wasn't as free and open as you were trying to convince the southern alliance you would be. And trust me, she never forgot. But that's one of the many things that made it impossible to take Caspius at his word and why his not-very-convincing attempt at an alliance never got off the ground. Caspius speaks too much doublespeak, but it's not like most. It's not truth or lies. It's political or religious. Which is more subtle, but far more dangerous to everyone.

I still fail to see where Caspius gave any hint to a "free" and "open" holy kingdom. I think there is a distinct difference between what the south interpreted as Caspius' intentions, and his actual intentions.

EDIT:

I do quite like the fact that Caspius has set up the realm in such a way that at any given moment Selene could depose him single handedly without anyone being able to do a thing to stop it. Yay for theocracies!

There are definitely ways to counter that, should it happen, but the power is intended to be in the hands of the church. I feel this game lacks dramatically in religious authority and influence, and if I have to sacrifice my own power to assure religion actually has a place, I will gladly do so on all of my characters.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:05:38 AM by Arundel »
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus