Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 45561 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #75: September 04, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
I may be a bit biased, but looking at the facts:

The FEI has 632216 peasants, according to the region list. The Order has 240000+ followers as of my last religion spread. 22 nobles, two of whom are monarchs, and a huge recruitment drive right now, and several nobles I know will be joining the religion shortly. Not to mention the South is almost solely the territory of the Order.
Pfft... numbers. They mean nothing.

Well, not *nothing*, but mostly nothing. If you don't, or can't, do anything with them, then what good are they? Specifically, the peasant count. Who cares? Use it, or it means nothing. You've declared a holy war against Church of Sartan and what's happened as a result? I think one region lord sacked one temple. Woohoo! Victory for the Order, eh?

Meh. When I see entire realms declaring war on Sartanian theocracies specifically because the Order told them to do so, and marching armies to burn down Sartanian temples, then I'll consider the possibility that the Order may be something other than the bog-standard, crap-placeholder religion that comprises most of the Battlemaster religious experience.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.