Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1045504 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #1485: September 13, 2012, 05:46:43 AM »
But it's going to be the biggest damn war Dwilight has ever seen.

How can that not be interesting?

Because it will be godawful slow? I just did the math. Travel estimates for a thirty man unit without siege engines point to it being about a week from Golden Farrow to the theoretical front lines in Maeotis. In autumn, that is. For Morek, it's over two weeks one way. Dwilight just isn't made for an island-wide war, at least not the one half versus the other half kind of war.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486: September 13, 2012, 06:10:16 AM »
Because it will be godawful slow? I just did the math. Travel estimates for a thirty man unit without siege engines point to it being about a week from Golden Farrow to the theoretical front lines in Maeotis. In autumn, that is. For Morek, it's over two weeks one way. Dwilight just isn't made for an island-wide war, at least not the one half versus the other half kind of war.

What, and you have something better to do, now that you've made peace with Asylon?

I guess you could attack Terran. That'd be lulzy.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1487: September 13, 2012, 06:48:14 AM »
That was not an ooc claim. That is the way my character feels about it. Various people made a power play to try and get Allison tossed out of the church. It failed. Bitching and moaning about that failure IG will do no good. Especially those ridiculous claims that Allison bribed the Magistrates... either come up with some new claims, or move on.

Could have fooled me. The power play failed as did the assassination attempt, yes. But people aren't going to just lay down and take it like that. People will grasp at straws to find anything to try and make it stick. And now, with Allison's promotion that's going to fuel things somewhat.

Though I cannot recall making a claim as Alaron regarding the Magistrates being bribed. The reason he's spouting his nonsense regarding the majority of the Elders being corrupt is more because he felt he had been judged to be guilty without a trial. The recent happenings just gave him supposed ammunition to spout more of it. But frankly speaking, if your character doesn't like it, then why hasn't he demoted Alaron to a penitent rank along with Norgard?

But it's going to be the biggest damn war Dwilight has ever seen.

How can that not be interesting?

I don't know, I just kind of feel warred-out for a bit after taking part in the latest conflict on EC as well as the stuff with Asylon when Alaron was General. Yeah, those weren't massive, but it's fed my appetite for a bit. And plus, Geronus is right. The travel times will be something evil. Besides, I can stay behind and do some work with making sure our regions are fed anyway. As well as training and lots of it.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488: September 13, 2012, 06:50:47 AM »
It's Battlemaster, not Peacemaster!
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489: September 13, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »
It's Battlemaster, not Peacemaster!

Pretty sure its "Plotmaster" or "Intriguemaster" if you're playing it right.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490: September 13, 2012, 08:18:38 AM »

Two weeks is a lot.

But one week is not that bad at all. Atamara can easily see week long travel times to reach a battle front. How long do you think it took Darka to reach Hammarsett? Or for Cagilan troops to march to Eston? Or, hell, Suville to march to Minas Ithil?

They are long march times, surely. And maybe a bit boring at times, surely. But they aren't in any way characteristic to Dwilight alone.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491: September 13, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
Brance dint put Alaron in a penitence rank because he didn't think anything Alaron said was that bad. I forget who said the bribe thing, but it wasn't Alaron. Lysander and a couple others jumped on him.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492: September 13, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
What, and you have something better to do, now that you've made peace with Asylon?

I guess you could attack Terran. That'd be lulzy.

Sure I do. How about unmake peace with Asylon?  ;D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493: September 13, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Brance dint put Alaron in a penitence rank because he didn't think anything Alaron said was that bad. I forget who said the bribe thing, but it wasn't Alaron. Lysander and a couple others jumped on him.

It was Andrew McManus.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494: September 13, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
Dwilight just isn't made for an island-wide war, at least not the one half versus the other half kind of war.

That's correct. Quite deliberately so.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495: September 13, 2012, 05:44:00 PM »
That's correct. Quite deliberately so.

And we'll test and see how that works.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496: September 13, 2012, 07:11:40 PM »

Though I cannot recall making a claim as Alaron regarding the Magistrates being bribed. The reason he's spouting his nonsense regarding the majority of the Elders being corrupt is more because he felt he had been judged to be guilty without a trial. The recent happenings just gave him supposed ammunition to spout more of it. But frankly speaking, if your character doesn't like it, then why hasn't he demoted Alaron to a penitent rank along with Norgard?

And why should everyone get a trial?  Normally there would be no trial for something like that, the only reason he was going to get one originally was because he was an Elder.  If he hadn't been, it would have basically been Elsebeth checking to see if there was evidence to back it up, and once she found that there was, demoting him to non-full member and suggesting full expulsion.  Unless you're accused of something like heresy, only important people get trials.

Anyways, Elsebeth is the one that demoted Norgard, because he had explicitly violated her orders.  Alaron didn't, while she certainly dislikes him and wishes he would shut up, she's not going to demote him over that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497: September 13, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
The evidence against Alaron was circumstantial, but convincing. I don't think anyone believed the story he made up. Brance thinks Alaron is making a fuss in order to distract from his own incident, and because he wants Allison out.

But, really, I did not expect Elsebeth or Aram to agree to making Allion a Luminary again. Talk about a soap opera plotline...

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498: September 13, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »
But, really, I did not expect Elsebeth or Aram to agree to making Allion a Luminary again. Talk about a soap opera plotline...
Elsebeth, in general, thinks that Lights should get to choose and dismiss their Luminaries at will, and so will usually just say alright whenever another Light asks her to approve such a thing.

And in this particular case . . . well, she isn't sure if Rabisu is insane, but he made some good points as to why the appointment should be made.  She told him what the dangers to himself were, but said it was his choice.

And all in all, she thinks this is probably a good position for Allison.  Like her or not, Allison gets stuff done, and this way she can get stuff done without actually being in a position of full leadership.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499: September 13, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
Well, it is a good office for her. Just, this is awfully quick. It's not quite what Brrance meant when he told Rabisu that Allison needed proper handling. :)