Poll

Self-explanatory... What is your favorite of the BM continents?

Atamara
Beluaterra
Colonies
Dwilight
East Continent
Far East

Author Topic: Favorite Island  (Read 52531 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Island
« Reply #165: June 20, 2011, 12:16:42 AM »
Despite being in Terran, I regularly correspond and interact with people in Summerdale, Morek, LE, and Astrum. I think you underestimate the isolation on Dwilight. Join some guilds and a big religion (VE or SA).

I personally love how Dwilight feels like multiple continents in one continent.

In my opinion the size of Dwilight makes it the perfect continent for just this reason, it recreates that medieval feeling of massive separation between realms. I would actually like to see the other maps either removed or updated to the same sort of expanse. A Dwilight style map without the massive rogue forces would be interesting I think.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: June 20, 2011, 01:28:52 AM »
Maybe one day we will see enough nobles on Dwilight.   But the size of Dwilight is what makes it so fun.  It is so big that different cultures can form.   There are still a lot of cities that are rogue on the map.  Getting those all colonized may take a while.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: June 20, 2011, 01:36:01 AM »
Maybe one day we will see enough nobles on Dwilight.   But the size of Dwilight is what makes it so fun.  It is so big that different cultures can form.   There are still a lot of cities that are rogue on the map.  Getting those all colonized may take a while.

I am one of those backwards people that hope never to see all of Dwilight colonised.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #168: June 20, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
Probably Dwilight will in fact never be colonized. And if it does get to the point where there are too many humans saturating the regions, who knows? Don't take any of this as fact of course, but hey, you all were wondering what certain features of Dwilight were for...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: June 20, 2011, 04:50:28 AM »
I am one of those backwards people that hope never to see all of Dwilight colonised.

Same. But I'd like to see every part of it colonized at some point. That is, it may be we never settle the whole thing at one time: but I'd like to see the center of civilization and development move around some, not have the same places be frontier all the time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: May 05, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
Would be interesting to make a new one.
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Deytheur

« Reply #171: May 08, 2013, 12:22:32 PM »
There should be a 'least favourite' continent vote too, see if Dwi wins that one as well  :P

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: May 08, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
Nah it'd be either Colonies or Atamara since they're both slow and the losers of the wars have been wiped out.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: May 08, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »
We can start one with: If we are going to sink one continent, which one would be?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: May 08, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
We can start one with: If we are going to sink one continent, which one would be?

I'd rather see we get more players instead but since that doesn't seem to be happening I guess I'd say Colonies or Atamara.

Colonies because, as the poll also states, it seems to be the least popular continent by far. But, and it is a big but, I don't think sinking the colonies would help the other islands much. There are too few players there and also a different breed of player.

On the other hand, Atamara is not an easy choice at all but it is a large one and with it gone the other continents sure could get a big boost.

Why not Beluaterra? I don't know. Not as big as Atamara these days and I personally like it better. But closing islands always comes down a lot to taste.

Closing i.e Far East has the same problem as closing colonies. I'd say there are too few players there to really make that big difference.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Zakilevo

« Reply #175: May 08, 2013, 11:21:24 PM »
You will see people quitting the game instead of moving to other continents.

Closing continents is not a wise option and should find another solution.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: May 08, 2013, 11:28:10 PM »
You will see people quitting the game instead of moving to other continents.

Closing continents is not a wise option and should find another solution.

That is definitely a large risk.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: May 09, 2013, 03:06:03 AM »
Zaki, I don't want to sink any island. It was just a bad joke about the fact that we have this sword over our heads that is the possibility of having one island to sunk.

So instead of saying which island you prefer less, i said which one would you like to sink.

Of course this would bring different reasons that if I just ask: which one you like less.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: May 09, 2013, 03:23:25 AM »
There are no plans to sink an island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: May 09, 2013, 03:47:30 AM »
Ok, I take it back. :)