Poll

Self-explanatory... What is your favorite of the BM continents?

Atamara
Beluaterra
Colonies
Dwilight
East Continent
Far East

Author Topic: Favorite Island  (Read 50751 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Island
« Reply #75: April 04, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
And further discussion on religiosity and free speech belongs in the Background forum.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #76: April 06, 2011, 01:38:43 AM »
You must love Dwilight.. There is always something interesting going on.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 06, 2011, 07:14:03 AM »
Dwilight is in fact the only place I find intolerable and cannot gather any sort of energy to build a character in, even though the SMA is very enticing.  Just not into the whole SA totalitarian thing (not saying it's unjustified, just that it completely wrecks the environment for me).

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 06, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Dwilight is in fact the only place I find intolerable and cannot gather any sort of energy to build a character in, even though the SMA is very enticing.  Just not into the whole SA totalitarian thing (not saying it's unjustified, just that it completely wrecks the environment for me).

Come fight them in Caerwyn! Probably one of the last remaining chances before they keep killing them pagan nations
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: April 06, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
Just not into the whole SA totalitarian thing...

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 06, 2011, 06:48:17 PM »

There is so much more to Dwilight than SA. In Maroccidens, for example, SA is hardly even a factor. As in, it is occasionally discussed when talking about what the crazy northern realms are doing. And that's basically it. They have no real reach in Maroccidens. 
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #81: April 06, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
The south is generally SA-free, if that's what is desired. Terran and D'Hara might have some elements, but they don't seem at all noticeable. Asylon has that one guy I think as well, who is likewise not exactly that much of a factor in terms of religion.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 13, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »

I'm with you on that. I'm not really bothered either way about Sanguis Astroism but I haven't really enjoyed any of my time in Dwilight. I've given up on it.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: April 13, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
I'm with you on that. I'm not really bothered either way about Sanguis Astroism but I haven't really enjoyed any of my time in Dwilight. I've given up on it.

I don't get this, if you don't like SA well it would be fun to play in order to fight that religion. There is a huge conflict between SA and an opposite coalition right now so if you don't like the 3 Stars i's the right time to play in Dwilight not to leave it!

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 13, 2011, 07:57:49 PM »
Colonies for me (so we get 4 votes now!)

All Islands I've been on (which is all of them) have had there fun times and their dull time, but due to the longer turn times on the Colonies it means much more time for politics and plotting and planning, and getting to know the other characters more.

Outer Tilog will always be a very special place, even if it's not to some peoples' liking.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: April 20, 2011, 06:58:52 AM »
South East Island was honestly the most enjoyable.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #86: April 20, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
Come to think of it, how come those continents aren't included? They were actual continents, and maybe some people did like them best, and no current continents compare. But I guess the poll was asking for favorite current continent.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: April 27, 2011, 02:54:11 AM »
I'm actually seriously considering a return to Dwilight, as I may not have given it a fair shake as my experiences were in Astrum about a year ago.

There just seemed to be this huge feeling of in-group/out-group.  Very different from how I found Arcachon to be, but it was probably Arcachon that was the exception rather then the rule as there they really tried to explain to me what was going on and why.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 27, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
I'm actually seriously considering a return to Dwilight, as I may not have given it a fair shake as my experiences were in Astrum about a year ago.

There just seemed to be this huge feeling of in-group/out-group.  Very different from how I found Arcachon to be, but it was probably Arcachon that was the exception rather then the rule as there they really tried to explain to me what was going on and why.

I will be your new best friend in Caerwyn  ;D Cookies, Brownies, what ever you want. Ill make my slaves put their blood and sweat into it  >:(
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #89: April 28, 2011, 04:38:16 AM »
You didn't try Morek. We have a Guild devoted to nobles new to the continent, and you merely have to ask to hear what happened and why. Be prepared, though, you might get more than you asked for!