Author Topic: Guild/Temple Estates  (Read 14772 times)

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Guild/Temple Estates
« Reply #15: November 17, 2011, 08:16:34 PM »
Hmm, to keep money in your pocket where it will not be taxed or place it in a temple where it can be taxed...... I really see the positive use of religius banking everyone talks about.

Or are you talking about religius banks in the way that elder priests are always on the move with large amounts of gold to supply every temple with enough gold to stay up. One could say this moving around of gold is a form of banking, but I hardly see it as proper hoarding of gold.

I concider the idea of granting estates of religions/guilds a brilliant oppertunity. Religions can have the oppertunity to be more or less free aggain, unless you all enjoy bland state sponsored "just ad water and it's ready to eat" faiths. Why don't we increase the taxing of religions to the normal levels. At low amounts of gold present in a temple it will balance the income and the outflow, and at very large, so called stockpiles, of gold the taxes will kick in much harder and drain away some of the gold.

I see a good oppertunity here, that as all ideas, need some proper thoughts and a lot of balancing.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.