Author Topic: Marshal formation  (Read 17578 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Marshal formation
« Topic Start: March 09, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
One of the other qualities required of a good marshal, and indeed perhaps the most important, is not only being able instill an inherent dicipline in his/her army, meaning more often then not nearly every member follows orders to a tee concerning settings etc, but also the ability build up a true sense of brother and sisterhood amoung it's ranks.

This is the approach I take to Marshaling.  There are several different ways to play a Marshal, but I suspect there are only a few paths to playing an effective Marshal.  I play it as a technical position.  In my case, it involves a great deal of "pencil and paper" work: managing refit schedules, staying on top of stragglers, and singling out for praise those nobles who are actively contributing.  I adopted this style primarily as a response to the way that war efforts are "managed" in realms.  I've had to develop a style that is largely independent when it comes to management and tactics.  Honestly, if I was Marshaling a duchy-based army composed of nobles from a single duchy I would probably play much differently.