Author Topic: Pepper Spray IS a vegetable!  (Read 24752 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Pepper Spray IS a vegetable!
« Reply #60: November 30, 2011, 02:36:46 PM »
I prefer preferential voting to multi-round systems. I have yet to see an argument against preferential voting that does not boil down to "Voters are to dumb to understand it. Not me, of course, I understand it fine. Others are dumb."

Is that when you set the order of preference when you vote, and if the winner doesn't get 51%, you scrap the lowest results to give the 2nd choice instead, and so on until someone has 51%?

Yea, that was proposed by the Liberal Party of Canada a few days back. Obviously, it was tailored to their interests, and they didn't even try to hide it, saying that they didn't like proportional because it would help the other parties. And obviously, the PLC never proposed that in the decades of their rule. Even when in the official opposition. Only when they got whacked down to crappy status did they propose it...

I *really* hate it when parties propose different voting systems with the clear and blatant goal of simply increasing their own power, regardless of the proposed system's merits.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron