Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

Quote from: De-Legro on February 22, 2012, 01:59:54 AM
Could be interesting, perhaps the Zuma would stand with us against the over Diamons, or perhaps not.

An epic battle to the death, where they both die off.

I'd be okay with that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

Quote from: Chénier on February 22, 2012, 02:05:26 AM
An epic battle to the death, where they both die off.

I'd be okay with that.

I agree, and it should take place in D'Hara, as the central location of the continent.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

Zuma: Nightmarch
Overlord: Balance's Retreat

Fight!

:P
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

Quote from: Indirik on February 22, 2012, 02:53:58 AM
Zuma: Nightmarch
Overlord: Balance's Retreat

Fight!

:P

I for one support our new Overlord and shall happily march west at his command.

Tom

Maybe you all should take that discussion IC and have your characters go "FUUUUUCK! We need to send whatever support we can to BT right NOW. And we need to kick those people in their lazy behinds and tell them to win this thing and not come whining over here when they get beaten. Announce the ports closed to any BT refugees, these guys need to fight and win, not run away. In fact, send a note to the judge to deport any and all prisoners to BT."

Sypher

Meh, my character on Beluaterra saw the letter and doesn't believe it (and said so IC). My character's position is that all Daimons are untrustworthy and everything they say should be considered suspicious.

De-Legro

Quote from: Tom on February 22, 2012, 10:21:40 AM
Maybe you all should take that discussion IC and have your characters go "FUUUUUCK! We need to send whatever support we can to BT right NOW. And we need to kick those people in their lazy behinds and tell them to win this thing and not come whining over here when they get beaten. Announce the ports closed to any BT refugees, these guys need to fight and win, not run away. In fact, send a note to the judge to deport any and all prisoners to BT."

That was happening on FEI. Unfortunately is was Matt that was driving it and he is far to busy now. There was talk about somehow sending a combined military force over to BT.

Tom

Quote from: De-Legro on February 22, 2012, 11:13:56 AM
That was happening on FEI. Unfortunately is was Matt that was driving it and he is far to busy now. There was talk about somehow sending a combined military force over to BT.

I would LOVE to see something like that.

Geronus

It would just be nobles though, not exactly an army, since the emigration mechanics do not support such things. Still, I can roll with that suggestion. It's worth bringing up anyway, though at the moment I too am a bit busy to be trying to organize a multi-realm effort to send aid to BT.

Indirik

Not only can you only send nobles, you can only send nobles with very little gold, since you lose most of it in emigration.

While more nobles would help, it won't cure all the problems.

As far as the letter goes, my character has not yet seen it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GoldPanda

Whatever happened to encouraging families to act like collections of blood-bound nobles, rather than hive-minds, Tom?  >:(

Nobles who have not been to Beluaterra or Dwilight have never been on the same island with a Daimon before, and have heard a few rumors or stories at most. They would probably tell their relatives to suck it up and deal with their overgrown Monsters problem.
------
qui audet vincit

Gustav Kuriga

Just would like to say if this is your attitude towards this, then get ready to lose a ton of players when they find out that not being on BT isn't good enough to stay out of the Invasion-style of play.

Sonya

Why do prople fear invasions?

If weren't for the selfness of some BT´s rulers the Daimons wouldn't had a chance, i would say Good Luck to Lord Overlord if he thinks he can overrun Atamara's Political Force.

Peace!

Telrunya

Heh, because half of Atamara wouldn't be at all pleased seeing CE struggle and fall before the Daimons before moving in to help them :P

Geronus

Until Tom actually announces OOC that he'll bring the Invasion to other islands, I would tend to view this more as an effort to attract more players to the Invasion event going on already and engage new people who will (hopefully) raise the activity level on BT a bit.

I feel a little bad about not being more invested in the current Invasion myself since its clear that Tom is putting a lot of effort into it, but I don't know. I have found it difficult to get that interested in it. The Fourth Invasion really destroyed my interest in the actual Invasion experience, but I do really enjoy the characters I have on BT and the way that the Invasions kind of 'reset' things, so I've stayed. It's pretty much impossible for the kind of enduring and seemingly immovable power blocs that form on AT and EC to come together and last when every year or two an Invasion comes through and completely upends the balance of power, and I very much enjoy the opportunities they create.

I have far less to complain about this Invasion compared to the last one, yet it has still failed to really grab me... It just doesn't feel like there's anything I can really *do* beyond sharing information and coordinating with other realms where possible. I have been doing that to an extent, but then there's a reason that I don't have any Marshal/General characters anymore, and its because I got tired of exactly that kind of having to constantly share and coordinate things and be*on* all the time. I just don't have the time and energy to do that much anymore...