Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

Quote from: JPierreD on February 28, 2012, 04:58:33 AM
I can understand two families having feuds against each other, but to my recently arrived character hearing that the cousin and brother of Lord Kepler were madmen means, well, pretty much nothing. I as a player know that people usually make very similar characters, but having my character assume that a noble has the same personality as the rest of his family seems... odd, at the very least.
If Kepler stabs you in the back, Kepler's brother punches you in the face, Kepler's son sleeps with your wife, Kepler's cousin gets your under-age daughter pregnant, Kepler's horse kicks you in the family jewels, and Kepler's dog bites your leg, are you going to walk up to Kepler's cat and say "Here kitty, want to lick this delicious beef gravy off of my fingers?"

Eventually, you just have to realize that no matter what member you're dealing with, they are going to betray you. And if that's based on the experience of your character/family, then that's fine. There's nothing wrong with a family grudge or two.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Telrunya on February 28, 2012, 06:36:57 AM
Fleugs and my character were going to throw our hats in the upcoming Elections no matter what. Probably why Hvrek decided to make his move, he knew he would not be reelected no matter what. Even if he had still hidden his friendly chats with the Overlord, enough information had come out to make his position crumble.

Overlord liked him better than me. I just mentionned to him I'd be willing to takeover Enweil, and he spilled the beans. He never said anything about Hvrek being friendly to him.

Nobody likes me. :(

No wonder Guillaume is an enweili supremacist. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Psyche

Haha.  I like that, Rob.  It's definitely true though.  I play more or less the whole family as very greedy, opportunistic antagonists.  They can be very skilled and useful in some ways, but they are quick to try and jump into power with little to no support.   After all, somebody has to liven things up.

Lorgan

QuoteRoleplaying Event   (1 hour ago)
Message sent to everyone in the vicinity of Enweilieos (15 recipients)
The dark clouds that are covering the city of Enweilieos are slowly lifting, drifting out to see or washing away. The city is not yet visible again, but word all around is that the clouds are moving back.

Event Dummy

Wooot.

Telrunya

Sooooo 101 regions to go?

Lorgan

It hasn't been unblighted yet... But at least the Event Dummy brings some good news for once. :)

Telrunya

No? I can only see the Dynamic Map from here, and the Blight is no longer there. Perhaps it takes some time for the Blight to fully lift.

Lorgan

Hm. It's unblighted on some zoom-levels of the dynamic map for me, on others it isn't...

fodder

still can't click on the region... so...
firefox

Chenier

Quote from: fodder on February 28, 2012, 09:35:49 PM
still can't click on the region... so...

By my standards, that's the measure to take into consideration.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Darksun

So what was done to "unblight" the city?

Chenier

Quote from: Darksun on February 29, 2012, 12:24:38 AM
So what was done to "unblight" the city?

I'd say either the battles in the North have worn Overlord out, or Riombara managed to piss Enweil off enough to get a dose of her own medecine.

I'm hoping for the latter. Unfortunately, Enweil's rather silent. I wouldn't mind if Fheuv'n was crushed and we had to join Enweil if it meant payback against Riombara, though, after this whole episode. That Hvrek got protested out only because he appointed himself to a lordship, and not over the things that happened before, is gonna leave a mark in Rio-Enweili relations.

Sypher

Counting down to how it will now be used as further proof of Enweili superiority.

Geronus

Quote from: Chénier on February 29, 2012, 12:33:20 AM
I'd say either the battles in the North have worn Overlord out, or Riombara managed to piss Enweil off enough to get a dose of her own medecine.

I'm hoping for the latter. Unfortunately, Enweil's rather silent. I wouldn't mind if Fheuv'n was crushed and we had to join Enweil if it meant payback against Riombara, though, after this whole episode. That Hvrek got protested out only because he appointed himself to a lordship, and not over the things that happened before, is gonna leave a mark in Rio-Enweili relations.

Right, because everything was going *so* well before the Invasion...

Iltaran

Lets be honest here. Can anyone remember Rio-Enweili relations consisting of anything except deep suspision and outright hatred?
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus