Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437720 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #120: December 10, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »
I can't help but chuckle at realms that lose battles against these daimons. Which is a strange feeling...
Normally /winning/ battles against daimons is the oddity.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: December 10, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
No worries. That particular problem will be solved soon enough ;)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: December 11, 2011, 12:22:28 AM »
I can't help but chuckle at realms that lose battles against these daimons. Which is a strange feeling...
Normally /winning/ battles against daimons is the oddity.

Seriously? You're going to laugh at *Fronen* of all realms? The realm that's been suffering from a massive four on one beat-down for the past several months? We'll win the sunrise battle in any case. We killed most of them at sunset.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: December 11, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
Seriously? You're going to laugh at *Fronen* of all realms? The realm that's been suffering from a massive four on one beat-down for the past several months? We'll win the sunrise battle in any case. We killed most of them at sunset.

Not to mention the huge army that just knocked on Fronen in Vozzessdor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: December 11, 2011, 12:55:20 AM »
If Fronen can't field an army strong enough to fight the daimons now, they should've thought of that when the North came with a cease fire that they considered to be acceptable before the invasion started.

Besides, it's not just Fronen, moreso Enweil and Nothoi... but well Nothoi can't be expected to fight them in the field I suppose, with the army they field.

Zakilevo

« Reply #125: December 11, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Well Enweil only has 23 nobles with 3 priests and 2 inactive people who sit in the capital doing nothing. Unlike Thalmarkin with 34 nobles. Find a better realm to compare with.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:19:35 AM by Zakilevo »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: December 11, 2011, 01:29:18 AM »
If Fronen can't field an army strong enough to fight the daimons now, they should've thought of that when the North came with a cease fire that they considered to be acceptable before the invasion started.

Besides, it's not just Fronen, moreso Enweil and Nothoi... but well Nothoi can't be expected to fight them in the field I suppose, with the army they field.

lol, seriously?

I saw the battle report. Whatever fought those daimons was not Fronen's whole forces. I can't see Fronen sending all of their troops for some beat-up rural down south while they have a war in the North, same for Enweil for a northern rural while they still lack peace in the South.

There was never anything acceptable about the North's "roll over and play dead or we'll push you over" offers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: December 11, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »

Yeah sure, we'll hand over two entire cities for a 'cease fire'. What a splendid idea; that way we'll be that much weaker when they decide the 'cease fire' is over. Convenient for everyone, right? And no one ever said that the offer would have been acceptable before the Invasion either. It was a counter offer I made to the North based on the fact that there was no earthly way that the Senate would have given up Wudenkin without a fight, but they refused point blank at that time; they didn't even bother to make a counter offer, they said 'either hand us three cities or we have nothing to discuss.' Therefore we'll never know if the Senate would actually have accepted it then, do we? They seem to think that they were making some big concession by demanding only two cities instead of three this time around, but they made the offer so gracelessly and worded it so poorly that there was again no earthly way the Senate was going to take it seriously.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: December 11, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »
Peace has to come from both sides. When one side demands something and you say "no, we'll give you nothing, take it or leave it" then you're not negotiating, you're just inviting their armies to come and take what they want. Of course the alliance was too greedy, I'm not denying that, but just as they were greedy Fronen was irrealistic in their capability of keeping/feeding those cities.
In my eyes, you're lucky you're rid of Vozz, a city that had been starving for months. Wudenkin is far from it's max population, in fact the only city you seem to have been able to feed consistently is Vur Hagin. You could've tried getting a townsland or two in return, a mountain region, a promise of food, military aid, gold.. but you just said "no". Well, that's the moment Fronen lost her right to complain about the position she's in in my mind. The alliance was arrogant, but Fronen was just as arrogant in refusing to negotiate, in trying to use the daimons as saviors.

As for the current wars going on. I don't think Enweil kept any force South, negotiations are going on at the moment and Rio was fighting her own daimon at the time. I don't know if Fronen was under threat of human attack but maybe if they would've negotiated they wouldn't be anyway. Don't go blame your defeat against the weakest daimon armies in... ever on the continuation of human wars. That is as much on yourself as it is on anyone else.

Anyway, I never intended to get so serious on this. We all had a chance to fight daimons on the field and win for once and some took it while others didn't. I'm not comparing with anyone, this is just simple fact and something that both Fronen and Enweil should've been capable of. I've seen/fought in battles against both realms and you've both got the force to field an army capable of that. It really was just a matter of bringing 7-8k CS, enough banners and/or uniques and not mess your linesettings up.

Bu now it looks like that time is over and it seems that OG is screwed...
The real invasion has begun.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: December 12, 2011, 03:12:22 AM »
Fronen did okay in that battle considering we were handicapped by other problems. Besides, we wounded or killed most of the Daimon's forces in that first battle. And wounded daimons don't heal as well as human troops w/healers. I guess the daimons don't use healers? A small mercy for us.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: December 12, 2011, 06:49:45 AM »
Bu now it looks like that time is over and it seems that OG is screwed...
The real invasion has begun.

My heart weeps for them. Were they the last ones to respond to Overlord or something?

Zakilevo

« Reply #131: December 12, 2011, 07:15:48 AM »
Weren't we winning? I mean Nightfall of the whatevers were not commanding huge units like the last invasion.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: December 12, 2011, 07:18:49 AM »
Weren't we winning? I mean Nightfall of the whatevers were not commanding huge units like the last invasion.

Yes, but such small units were never likely to last. You faced off the initial vanguard, now it seems that the bulk of the invasion forces have come to play.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: December 12, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »
oddly.. one of the sons is in prison somewhere... wonder whose..
firefox

Zakilevo

« Reply #134: December 12, 2011, 07:47:34 AM »
Two daimon TLs are dead. Are there more TLs other than the Nightfalls?