Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433644 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #465: January 28, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
I bet there's two Overlords!

I hope Vellos knows and will tell us already. :(

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: January 28, 2012, 11:02:08 PM »
I... am extremely confused. But the reasons why will be explained soon enough ICly, so I'll wait for that to happen.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: January 28, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
XD he lets him loose? (wag... who knows.. messaging is a bit iffy)
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: January 31, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »
But the invasion so far is an extremely interesting social experiment. I think next time I'll call in a few psychology and sociology students and let them map out the flow of information amongs players. It is utterly fascinating. Can't say more without giving things away, unfortunately. Well, maybe one thing: Lots of people are wondering what the heck just happened in Villriil, even though some players know exactly what happened.

To reply a bit (a lot) late, I just want to pitch in:

Many don't understand what was shared with them, and many of these don't bother to ask questions to those who might have a clue. I'm sure many people who come to the forum saying how they don't have a clue what's going on could have easily gained much information by simply asking via IC channels. Heck, some don't even read all that is shared with them...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: January 31, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »
Except some of us do ask and get no responses in return. So it's not like we aren't trying...
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: January 31, 2012, 01:28:49 AM »
Except some of us do ask and get no responses in return. So it's not like we aren't trying...

Then you may be asking the wrong people.

Personally, I never answered to you because the only things I know are what other rulers shared publicly. Daimons have rarely been around our parts, and when they have they were mostly moving through, but we always had rogues and random stuff prop us to keep us busy. And since we are so small, we don't really have an army of advies to organize. The main reason why were weren't very involved, however, is that communication is atrocious. Allied demands come in late, or contradictory, or rely too much on a single axis of communication. Most of the comes from Riombara, Enweil barely sends anything even if they are the ones targeted. And since I'm no longer studying, I have very limited opportunities to try to go fetch the information myself. I make sure to relay everything I get to the rest of my realm, but I see no reason to go beg far-off realms for info (my character's too proud for it anyways). And besides, I have an empire to build!

However, I must say that I have *never* seen the game so buggy as it has been this last month or so. It is often outright unplayable. Everything seems broken. Messages were screwed up for multiple days, food is all whacky and being replaced by a system that most people don't understand, and estates are still half-baked. Everything seems broken about it. Taxes still don't come in gold when in duchy, some still can't pick up estates, founders of new religions don't lose their regions, lords can't step down from their regions, nobles still show as knights of other realms, takeovers not working or half-working at best, etc., etc. The game feels like a mess right now. And I suspect that many others are like me: if the game can't let you play or do something specific when you log on, then odds are you won't be able to do it that turn even if it gets fixed. Fixes seem to lag seriously behind, though.

While I appreciate all the hard work and good intentions going into the changes, I feel like I'm figthing the game more than an invasion right now. And even if we had 100 000 CS of daimons in all of our regions, I'd probably feel the same. Every day, we are facing bugs, and having to either wait (forever) hoping it gets fixed, or try to find alternatives.

This drains a lot of time that would otherwise go to RP and information seeking and sharing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:33:09 AM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: January 31, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »
So what happens to the nobles down south if every region is blighted?  ??? we'd just pop outta existence?  :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #472: January 31, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »
So what happens to the nobles down south if every region is blighted?  ??? we'd just pop outta existence?  :o

Do you really want to find out?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #473: January 31, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »
YES!

They become part of the Soulforge or something...Hey, didn't people read that book? What happened to those people who were there when the Blight moved in? Nobles are still people too you know.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: January 31, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »
Awfully unexciting ;) Technically, could have taken up an Estate in Villrill after it was blighted. For the rest, you can't do anything but travel. The pages just say to get out as fast as you can. Didn't seem to be anything there, though didn't try moving to a different blighted region :P At least my character is not Soulforge Armour right now!

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #475: January 31, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »
I want to capture Overlord, strip the armor, and wear it myself.  >.>

Nothing like a priest armoring himself with human souls.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: February 01, 2012, 02:07:47 AM »
To be fair, overall I think the invasion's pretty decent. Not as enthralling as the third invasion (before it dragged on forever), but that may just be because 1) the third invasion was my first and 2) I had a lot more time to put into involving myself in that one.

Overall, it's pretty good. We got tricked, got some victories, defeats. Feels hard, but not hopeless (like with real 100 000+ CS hordes) or frustrating (like constant late-turn moves and abuse of teleportation abilities).

My biggest gripe is with the current state of the game, and not the invasion. Invasion's fine. Hell, not even my spell checker's working with the new message box...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: February 02, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
You're just can't be happy, can you?  ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: February 02, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
You're just can't be happy, can you?  ;)

The loss of my spell check hit me pretty hard, too
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #479: February 02, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
The loss of my spell check hit me pretty hard, too

Well, it should work. If still not, every help is appreciated. We are using ckeditor - a very common editor. That's not a problem we alone can have.