Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433650 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #555: February 14, 2012, 01:23:32 AM »
Fheuv'n is 100% guaranteed to be !@#$ed if people survive the invasion.

Must be doing something wrong if the idea of a non-apocalypse scenario gives you the sweats.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #556: February 14, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »
Must be doing something wrong if the idea of a non-apocalypse scenario gives you the sweats.

Or maybe they're doing it very, very right.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #557: February 14, 2012, 01:28:43 AM »
That prospect troubles me deeply.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #558: February 14, 2012, 03:59:54 AM »
Personally I think we're screwed. I ought to, by virtue of my positions, know more than most, and I feel like I know very little beyond some of the gross mechanics that be deduced by observing cause and effect. Then again I thought this about the Fourth Invasion too, though I had far less access to information at the time. Everything was bad and getting worse until suddenly *bam* the Archons show up and the Invasion is suddenly all but over.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #559: February 14, 2012, 04:01:28 AM »
Everything was bad and getting worse until suddenly *bam* the Archons show up and the Invasion is suddenly all but over.
Tom has made it fairly clear that no such deus ex machina will be coming to save the day this time around.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #560: February 14, 2012, 04:03:55 AM »
Tom has made it fairly clear that no such deus ex machina will be coming to save the day this time around.

Hence:

Personally I think we're screwed.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #561: February 14, 2012, 04:38:12 AM »
The south is certainly screwed. IVF and Riombara can fight over the little un-blighted bridge between them I guess. IVF's position is terrible, one small city and blight on all sides.

For the North, I guess it depends on what the limit is on the number of troop leaders and troops the Overlord can summon to attack us and how well we do in killing them off.

I know various people have speculated on the resource the Daimons use, but there was never a way to confirm who was right to my knowledge. The other invaders were easier to figure out, Monsters used the region's population as food, the Undead well, the dead were their resource. The closest thing I can guess is that the Daimon's use human souls in some fashion ? Even if true, knowing it doesn't seem very helpful.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #562: February 14, 2012, 06:18:31 AM »
I wonder if it would just be better to let Enweil die so Overlord will turn his attention north and we can scramble to TO the Daimon regions/keep the connection to Riombara. If the North can't stop them, IVF/Riombara will have no chance.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #563: February 14, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
Enweil is effectively dead already. Two rurals and a city that might get blighted any day now since I hear there is a takeover in Lopa? Might as well have the two rurals join IVF/Riombara.

Looks like the north gets the fun of dealing with Overlord and his flying Cavalry now.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #564: February 14, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »
Also, damn I hate the monster spawns. We've been fighting rogues since we've been founded. Daimons passed through once or twice, but it's the damn monsters and undead that kept us busy all this time. We'd have been in Fengen way more often if we weren't always fighting off hordes and too far away to be able to arrive in time.

If you'd followed the lore, you would know they are fleeing the Blight - and your realm is surrounded by blighted regions, so it's little surprise you get a lot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #565: February 14, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
Looks like the north gets the fun of dealing with Overlord and his flying Cavalry now.

Your information exchange amongst the humans is horrible. How many here know where Overlord is since yesterday?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #566: February 14, 2012, 11:00:14 AM »
Are you attacking Wudenkin?  I know daimons are, but I've not bothered to pay attention to who was leading them. :P

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #567: February 14, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »
Your information exchange amongst the humans is horrible. How many here know where Overlord is since yesterday?

I don't. I agree humans suck. I felt more in the loop when I was with the monsters and they didn't even send realm wide messages.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #568: February 14, 2012, 01:02:05 PM »
Your information exchange amongst the humans is horrible.

I think that doesn't come to as a surprise to anyone. It has been pretty clear for a while that if knowledge is what is needed to defeat the invaders, humans have no hope :p

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569: February 14, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »

He was in Cjelorg before and is now in Tindle. Right?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).