Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437581 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1110: April 02, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »
I guess we're not that pathetic and weak any more. Once we're Netherworld Slaves, we can boast at how awesome we are to the other more pathetic and weak slaves!

Basically, yes.

Also, the invasion of other islands will have you on the frontlines, fighting your brothers.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111: April 02, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
I am a bit confused by the shading of the border regions.  before the blight only ever was expanded into regions already "owned" by the netherworld.  Now Agyr is shaded and aside from having lost a battle there once, it is fully in Melhed control.
I find the blight very frustrating to figure out, but if Agyr gets blighted while still in our control then I think I might scream.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112: April 02, 2012, 06:22:22 PM »
I believe it has something to do with the ritual Overlord was talking about, and all the odd weather. It's not 'normal' Blight mechanics, but a special ritual that allowed the Netherworld to spread the Blight to all Northern regions bordering a Blighted Region (by using loads of sacrifices). I don't think the ritual is yet completed though and that's why we see this current state, but that might change when Overlord returns with his new fancy unit. Of course, that ritual thing might also have been the summoning of this new type of Daimon that we will soon learn to fear.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:25:11 PM by Telrunya »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113: April 02, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
Oh, they're here, they just arrived in Marpii. Which probably explains why not one but two Netherworld infiltrators tried to stab me last turn, so I couldn't share the news. Unfortunately for them, my guards were quite alert. Also, I used to be infil myself, which probably helps explain why the one that did get to me only left me with a light wound before getting caught.

They look nasty. Even taking into account how daimon units are routinely exaggerated in terms of CS on scout reports, we're looking at combined 60-75k CS in three units.

Edit: Forgot to mention, that's the force a single commander has. There are theoretically a couple more of them out there not including the one in Ajitmon, plus Overlord. Possibly up to 300k CS in the North alone if they all show up at once.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:37:37 PM by Geronus »

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114: April 02, 2012, 07:24:42 PM »
Thal has around 91k daimons next to capital.....

So guess some realms have a small problemo..

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115: April 02, 2012, 08:11:47 PM »
And there I was planning to save up my gold a bit for once...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116: April 03, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
Basically, yes.

Also, the invasion of other islands will have you on the frontlines, fighting your brothers.

Amen to that! The Old Continents will pay for abandoning us to our fate!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117: April 03, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »
That would be really interesting, if our characters actually lived and were forced to fight for the Netherworld while invading some other island.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118: April 03, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »
That would rock. I'm in!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119: April 03, 2012, 12:20:15 AM »
Yes it would be quite interesting. Even more so if we were sent in with nothing but human troops as an advance invasion force, basically a suicide brigade to establish a foothold for the daimons. Some unique mechanics would probably have to be developed to give us resources and a way to recruit, or then again maybe what we get is what we get until we start taking over regions. After all, if all 200+ nobles on BT showed up as one big army with over-recruited units somewhere, we could probably wreck face for quite a while before we got slowed down...

Probably nothing more than fantasy, but hey, a man can dream  :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120: April 03, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
Yes it would be quite interesting. Even more so if we were sent in with nothing but human troops as an advance invasion force, basically a suicide brigade to establish a foothold for the daimons. Some unique mechanics would probably have to be developed to give us resources and a way to recruit, or then again maybe what we get is what we get until we start taking over regions. After all, if all 200+ nobles on BT showed up as one big army with over-recruited units somewhere, we could probably wreck face for quite a while before we got slowed down...

Probably nothing more than fantasy, but hey, a man can dream  :)

Daimons recruited peasant armies.

Ofc, though, they sucked.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1121: April 03, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
I would find it hellish... and probably not as fun as it sounds to some people.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122: April 03, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
I'm sure we'd all have a choice. Join up and convert to daimon worship or get devoured.

In my fantasy world where this actually happens, that is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:32:56 AM by Geronus »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123: April 03, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »
I would find it hellish...

Well, yes.

Isn't that the point?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124: April 03, 2012, 12:27:58 AM »
Well, yes.

Isn't that the point?

I believe it is, indeed.