Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437615 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1260: April 08, 2012, 03:25:30 PM »
Maybe you should have been trying to be a leader for all of your realm, so you wouldn't have tied in the first place...

1v1 vote.

Only lords can vote, and we've had a ton of regions lost lately because of takeovers and blighted regions being automatically lost to Netherworld now. And a lord paused.

So basically, the guy voted for himself, one voted for me, and I think 2 abstained.

I could have campaigned for these votes, that is true. I hadn't realized that the votes I am usually sure to be able to count on were from people who couldn't vote this time around.

When Tom asked why I cared about blighted regions no longer beings ours, this is why. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261: April 08, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »
So question. The number of regions we cannot recruit from has expanded to the point where I'm no longer at all sure what's going on. Vale and Qrelg have been added to the list, only this makes no sense. Neither region is in particularly bad shape, has daimons in it, or has the semi-blight message about dark clouds making the peasants nervous. Qrelg is next to Vur Hagin, but so is Jyl, and we can recruit from there fine. Can I get a clue as to what is going on here? There are literally two regions in the entire realm that we can recruit from right now, which is making rebuilding our army next to impossible.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262: April 08, 2012, 03:29:51 PM »
Crap luck like that is why the code for ties should be changed.

It's crap luck, sure, as there was a tie and Chenier lost the random roll-off, but why it that a reason for changing the code?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263: April 08, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
So question. The number of regions we cannot recruit from has expanded to the point where I'm no longer at all sure what's going on. Vale and Qrelg have been added to the list, only this makes no sense. Neither region is in particularly bad shape, has daimons in it, or has the semi-blight message about dark clouds making the peasants nervous. Qrelg is next to Vur Hagin, but so is Jyl, and we can recruit from there fine. Can I get a clue as to what is going on here? There are literally two regions in the entire realm that we can recruit from right now, which is making rebuilding our army next to impossible.

I assume control in those regions is good?

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264: April 08, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »

I know Thalmarkin's been reporting a bunch of bugs. I think that the blight may be slightly borked at the moment

It's crap luck, sure, as there was a tie and Chenier lost the random roll-off, but why it that a reason for changing the code?

I can envision a decent argument for incumbent-wins-in-case-of-tie. Although given that 90% of incumbents win without much opposition, I can also envision a decent argument for incumbent-loses-in-case-of-tie. :D
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265: April 08, 2012, 03:36:29 PM »
Core, and morale and loyalty are good as well.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266: April 08, 2012, 03:39:58 PM »
I can envision a decent argument for incumbent-wins-in-case-of-tie. Although given that 90% of incumbents win without much opposition, I can also envision a decent argument for incumbent-loses-in-case-of-tie. :D

Honestly, I can see arguments for both ways as well. I do hate random, though. I'd rather challengers win against incumbents in case of ties than it be decided randomly. Mind you, that doesn't work when the tied people are both challengers.

Btw, how does the new referendum work. Don't you vote at half-weight when voting for yourself anymore? The new ruler is the only one who voted for himself, and as both my characters lost the ability to vote these last few weeks, someone else gave me my vote.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267: April 08, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6742

"Glad" to see we're not the only ones ridden with bugs atm. :P

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1268: April 08, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

It isn't, ismple as that.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269: April 08, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
The strange thing is certain regions with black cluds were available for reruitment some turns. Now they are not.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270: April 08, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Fought in Sandlakes. We lost the battle, but barely lost any CS. We should win this second round.

Our economy's pretty bad with the loss of Sandlakes and blighting of Eg Tutnu, so taking on these daimon militas is kinda necessary and urgent.

Messed up priorities, if you ask me.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271: April 08, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

Actually, he's Guillaume's right-hand man since the beginning. He's founder of the religion, judge since the beginning, and duke of Fheuvenem. Mind you, the only guy who voted for him was himself.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272: April 08, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »
Actually, he's Guillaume's right-hand man since the beginning. He's founder of the religion, judge since the beginning, and duke of Fheuvenem. Mind you, the only guy who voted for him was himself.

Then you deserved to lose, since presumably you only had a single person vote for you as well, no? That's just getting lazy about your re-election.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273: April 09, 2012, 08:48:22 PM »
I assume control in those regions is good?

isn't there a reason text in dark grey for regions you can't recruit from.. under the table?
i know for rio it says grehk is being to'ed or some such and so you can't recruit from them
firefox

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274: April 09, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »
"Units not available because their home regions are not under sufficient realm control or are in the middle of a takeover or there is a special event in their home region:"

That's what it says, it doesn't specify what is the actual reason.

Also, I bet Chenier is not having fun with his tie-vote loss.