Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433645 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1455: April 20, 2012, 07:31:25 AM »
What was the bounty? Next round's on Gilbert!

I think around 500 gold
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456: April 20, 2012, 07:44:01 AM »
I think around 500 gold

Heh, he is famous and rich.

Poor Pavel, he killed the second Overlord, but what did he get?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457: April 20, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »
Didn't Tom say Overlord is unkillable? So all daimon leaders are hero characters.
The battle message says he was killed by 2 different units. So who gets the bounty?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:47:10 AM by mikm »

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458: April 20, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »
Didn't Tom say Overlord is unkillable? So all daimon leaders are hero characters.
The battle message says he was killed by 2 different units. So who gets the bounty?

He was killed. Does that mean he's dead?

Was he even alive in the first place?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459: April 20, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »
He was killed. Does that mean he's dead?

Was he even alive in the first place?
Tom mentioned somewhere that Overlord is immortal- so I though that meant not killable, under any circumstances.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460: April 20, 2012, 11:47:31 AM »
*bows*

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461: April 20, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
Round 4:
Overlord has been killed by Gilbert's Gentlemen (23).
Gilbert collects the bounty.

Round 6:
Overlord has been killed by Masters of Archer (36).

I guess that answers who got the bounty. As for Overlord, he has already been captured by Riombara and when we checked our dungeons we had a Son (or one of the commanders, don't remember). Basically who got killed was 10th Son, it seems.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462: April 20, 2012, 12:53:40 PM »

I guess that answers who got the bounty. As for Overlord, he has already been captured by Riombara and when we checked our dungeons we had a Son (or one of the commanders, don't remember). Basically who got killed was 10th Son, it seems.

Huh- so 10th son was in your prison, and got swapped with overlord, so overlord is now in your prison?
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463: April 20, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
No, this happened a while back. Riombara captured Overlord in battle, but instead of Overlord appearing in our Dungeons it was one of his Sons. He basically swapped places to avoid imprisonment. He has done the same in Pomatim. Basically, the killing blow was dealt to the 10th Son, as Overlord swapped places with him (Or at least, changed the 10th's Son location with his). Technically, the Human Realms did not kill Overlord in Pomatim, they killed the 10th Son. Of course, for now, this was the last of his Sons, at least on Beluaterra. His safety measure is gone at least temporarily.

I assume the Overlord will reappear soon enough, alive and kicking, ready to continue his conquest. Then the Human Rulers will gloat about killing him, and the Overlord will comment how insignificant that is. :)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464: April 20, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »
Overlord appears to be spiritual creature or possessive force, for lack of any better way to put it. He possesses the 'mortal' form of one of his Sons, which then becomes the Overlord. When the mortal shell is killed, he simply moves on to the next host. I wonder if he can be killed for real now that he seemingly has no more Sons left... I may be forced to eat my words if that turns out to be the case.

Not that I would mind :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465: April 20, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
Maybe the northern cold prevents his body-switching. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466: April 20, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
Overlord appears to be spiritual creature or possessive force, for lack of any better way to put it. He possesses the 'mortal' form of one of his Sons, which then becomes the Overlord.

"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467: April 20, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
"ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL."

Damn, I was /just/ about to make that joke. :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468: April 20, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
So, when does he start possessing player characters? O_o
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469: April 20, 2012, 03:29:30 PM »
I assumed he'd always had control of Chénier.