Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikm

Quote from: JPierreD on April 20, 2012, 12:18:28 PM
Round 4:
Overlord has been killed by Gilbert's Gentlemen (23).
Gilbert collects the bounty.

Round 6:
Overlord has been killed by Masters of Archer (36).

I guess that answers who got the bounty. As for Overlord, he has already been captured by Riombara and when we checked our dungeons we had a Son (or one of the commanders, don't remember). Basically who got killed was 10th Son, it seems.

How demoralising. I don't remember seeing anymore sons. 10th is the last?

Tom

Quote from: Geronus on April 20, 2012, 01:20:08 PM
Overlord appears to be spiritual creature or possessive force, for lack of any better way to put it. He possesses the 'mortal' form of one of his Sons,

existing roleplays beg to differ. Overlord is 6m towering daimonic creature. His sons appear human to casual inspection.

Thunthorn

I envisioned some sort of Hulk-like transformation when he takes over...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Tom

Quote from: mikm on April 20, 2012, 04:02:18 PM
How demoralising. I don't remember seeing anymore sons. 10th is the last?

There was an 11th and a 12th, but they were killed. 10th just survived longer than his younger brothers.

Iltaran

So far what has happened has seemed like almost the opposite of Overlord "possessing" his sons. Instead they appear to switch places at the last moment.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Solari

Quote from: Velax on April 20, 2012, 03:29:30 PM
I assumed he'd always had control of Chénier.

Post of the day, right here.

Marlboro

Needs to be quoted twice.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chenier

Maybe I've been possessing Overlord all this time?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

Quote from: Chénier on April 21, 2012, 05:31:09 AM
Maybe I've been possessing Overlord all this time?

Maybe...has Overlord been complaining constantly and saying how evil Riombara is?

Geronus

Quote from: Tom on April 20, 2012, 04:50:17 PM
existing roleplays beg to differ. Overlord is 6m towering daimonic creature. His sons appear human to casual inspection.

Oh, I didn't mean in appearance. I know that face to face, Overlord in his tangible, mortal (in the sense that it can be 'killed') vessel is big and scary. I meant in nature. You kill his body, he takes another, and the new body becomes the 6m towering daimonic creature we know and love.

Honestly if it's not something like that, then, uh... What? Does he physically exchange places with one of his Sons after being wounded badly enough? Like some kind of teleportation hot swap, such as a street magician would perform? I read 'killed' as, well, KILLED. The mortal body that he occupied in Pomatim and the other places he has been 'killed' got stabbed, hacked up, and quite possibly burnt to ashes (if we had anything to say about it). It's just that Overlord, being something more than mortal, simply moved on to another suitable vessel and took his soulforged bling with him (which doesn't seem so far fetched - it's made of souls after all). That seems cooler than a 'now you see him, now you don't' sort of explanation, anyway.

Marlboro

The way the Horrors disappeared too made me think they were just some bad dream. I'd considered that maybe the whole Daimon army we'd been facing might've just been madmen and it's all some illusion, but there wasn't anything in the RP event about strange bodies being mixed in with all of ours.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Geronus on April 21, 2012, 06:37:59 AM
Oh, I didn't mean in appearance. I know that face to face, Overlord in his tangible, mortal (in the sense that it can be 'killed') vessel is big and scary. I meant in nature. You kill his body, he takes another, and the new body becomes the 6m towering daimonic creature we know and love.

Honestly if it's not something like that, then, uh... What? Does he physically exchange places with one of his Sons after being wounded badly enough? Like some kind of teleportation hot swap, such as a street magician would perform? I read 'killed' as, well, KILLED. The mortal body that he occupied in Pomatim and the other places he has been 'killed' got stabbed, hacked up, and quite possibly burnt to ashes (if we had anything to say about it). It's just that Overlord, being something more than mortal, simply moved on to another suitable vessel and took his soulforged bling with him (which doesn't seem so far fetched - it's made of souls after all). That seems cooler than a 'now you see him, now you don't' sort of explanation, anyway.

This sounds too much like Dragon Age. Archdemon and Darkspawns... Guess now we need grey wardens to do the job.

Iltaran

Quote from: Velax on April 21, 2012, 05:44:54 AM
Maybe...has Overlord been complaining constantly and saying how evil Riombara is?

Not that I remember. Overlord does frequently declare that everything is going the way he planned it though.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Solari

Quote from: Zakilevo on April 21, 2012, 09:07:21 AM
This sounds too much like Dragon Age. Archdemon and Darkspawns... Guess now we need grey wardens to do the job.

And Thalmarkin's realm color is conveniently grey.  8)

mikm

Another execution! Finally things are starting to get serios.