Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433656 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1545: May 04, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
I kind of expect Overlord to come marching out of the blight with a giant army for the grand finale.

First time he'd be - supposedly - mortal. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546: May 04, 2012, 11:35:23 PM »
According to the character list, there's only 1 character in Netherworld right now, which is the dead 9th Son.

Seems like Overlord is running out of sons...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547: May 05, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
Seems like Overlord is running out of sons...

Overlady must've heard that song and died of shame.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548: May 05, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »
Overlady must've heard that song and died of shame.

Dayne the Bastard Bard singlehandedly saves the day by stopping more sons. The lute is mightier than the sword!
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549: May 08, 2012, 01:17:47 PM »
...is that why he "disappeared" for a bit? to make more sons?
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #1550: May 08, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »
So... did humans lose yet? :P

You can see my high confidence in my fellow chars on BT.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551: May 08, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
We were doing absolutely fine until someone told Overlord Humans are capable of changing their Capital ;) ;D

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552: May 08, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
Just great! The south only has two cities left. :o
Now the only question is who converts to who.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553: May 08, 2012, 07:18:54 PM »
No-one from Riombara is going to convert to Enweil.

I mean... why would anyone do that? Except for the Chenier-type fanatics who hate Riombara more than they hate the daimons.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #1554: May 08, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
We were doing absolutely fine until someone told Overlord Humans are capable of changing their Capital ;) ;D

Wasn't me, really! :P

The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555: May 08, 2012, 08:47:08 PM »
Aw c'mon guys, Overlord's just learning the game too. We should take it easy on him.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556: May 08, 2012, 10:19:55 PM »

I thought that was weird, personally. It feels like Overlord just admitted he was meta-gaming. I liked it better when I could operate under the assumption that he was going after capitals as the most visible symbols of a realm's power in order to crush our spirits.

That said, I contend that we're still doing fine. I guess we can't count on them focusing in on exclusively on capitals anymore, but we've effectively destroyed 4 out of 5 armies of Horrors, and I'm reasonably confident that Riombara can now defeat Midnight of the South. Unless Overlord pulls out more armies of Horrors or some other nasty trick, it looks like we've managed to ride out the worst of the storm (though not without losses).

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557: May 08, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
I thought that was weird, personally. It feels like Overlord just admitted he was meta-gaming. I liked it better when I could operate under the assumption that he was going after capitals as the most visible symbols of a realm's power in order to crush our spirits.

I think it was more of a convenient excuse to sack another city and try to pin the blame on a particular ruler.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1558: May 08, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »

Yeah, that was the single most damaging sentence spoken during this invasion. I was wondering why nobody had yet caught on to the fact that Overlord and the Horrors only ever attacked capitals and afterwards completely ignored those realms.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1559: May 08, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »

Nothing meta-gamy about it. Overlord operated under the assumption that the capitals were not just symbolic, but actual foci of a realm, their hearts and brains, and so taking them out would destroy a realm. Maybe not make it vanish immediately, just like a body whose heart you just stabbed takes a while to rot away, but definitely finish them off for good.