Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437668 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1710: June 05, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
Been a bit too busy with organizing stuff for rebuilding our force to really write something. That and exams.

But she'll definitely get some sort of memorial in Unger, whether it's a statue next to Fingolfin the Great or her name written on the final column right under that of King Piru Petteri... I haven't made up my mind yet.

P.S.: I kinda wish I'd started with this sooner so I could have all the names of the heroes that died last invasion too...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:13:08 PM by Lorgan »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711: June 05, 2012, 10:36:20 PM »
You know I don't often agree with Chenier, but seriously? This is the same character who joined the Monsters during the Fourth Invasion and led a unit of them against human realms. And you want to build a statue of her? I can't even believe you let her join your realm in the first place; she is literally the traitor to humanity that Chenier's characters are so often accused of being.

Edit: Or does no one care because that realm was Enweil? Man, they have the worst PR of any realm I've ever seen... But you're still hypocrites.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:38:28 PM by Geronus »

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712: June 05, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »
My character is far too young to know about Annaej's sordid past, though she's served beneath her for the entirety of the invasion and, days before this last battle, inherited her position, so yeah she'd like to see a statue. Then again, war's not over; she may still wind up as one herself.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1713: June 05, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »
You know I don't often agree with Chenier, but seriously? This is the same character who joined the Monsters during the Fourth Invasion and led a unit of them against human realms. And you want to build a statue of her? I can't even believe you let her join your realm in the first place; she is literally the traitor to humanity that Chenier's characters are so often accused of being.

Edit: Or does no one care because that realm was Enweil? Man, they have the worst PR of any realm I've ever seen... But you're still hypocrites.

Now you know how I felt during the fourth invasion...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714: June 05, 2012, 11:02:48 PM »
Now you know how I felt during the fourth invasion...

Pff, I know how I felt during the Fourth Invasion. Damn Monsters...

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715: June 05, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
A lot of realms made deals with the invaders. It's not like we could have opose all three invaders.
But there is a difrence between them.
For instance Enweill sent troops to aid Riombara againts the monsters and i belive food too. We were redused to Grehk. True they made deals with the daimons but they aided us when they could.
The nobles of Meridian republic on the other had kept making promises over and over but did nothing. They stood there protected while were being beaten to a pulp. When the invasion was over they were welcomed back with open arms: "welcome back traitors ,we love you!" Realy hated that.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716: June 05, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
A lot of realms made deals with the invaders. It's not like we could have opose all three invaders.
But there is a difrence between them.
For instance Enweill sent troops to aid Riombara againts the monsters and i belive food too. We were redused to Grehk. True they made deals with the daimons but they aided us when they could.
The nobles of Meridian republic on the other had kept making promises over and over but did nothing. They stood there protected while were being beaten to a pulp. When the invasion was over they were welcomed back with open arms: "welcome back traitors ,we love you!" Realy hated that.

To be fair, a lot of them only switched over to MR in the first place because the Duchies seceded. And a lot of the people we knew were conspirators in the original plot were dead or gone: Haethorne, Borin Athins, and Vellos. Khaludh was repentant and willing to bring his Duchy back (which was desperately needed) and then step down. D'Este... Well, not sure he deserved a full pardon but then again he didn't secede until later and then not because he was a supporter of Lefanis; his motivations in the matter were clear: Protect his city from being destroyed. Which he did successfully.

Of the others, we banned Mordred. Hylor Hobbs was allowed to return only so he could RP his character's suicide. Nigel De la Fere was allowed back, but that was a near thing. If Evander had had his way he would have been banned too, but I was a little too inactive at the time to make sure the Judge followed through. The only other one that I'm aware of is Ishimu, and I'd have liked to see him banned but wasn't willing to push the issue. All others were just knights or lords following their lieges so far as I know.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717: June 05, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
Khaludh also pushed for Nigel de Fere's banishment, heh.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718: June 05, 2012, 11:33:11 PM »
Annaej came to us and proved her worth. It's not often that we turn away nobles. Either way, she died fighting the daimons, that's worth something, whatever she did before. I mind give her a disgracing nickname if I build the statue or inscribe her name but that doesn't mean that her sacrifice shouldn't be acknowledged. I also built a statue for King Lemon Tree Two Face because he was the first King of Thalmarkin, even though he later seceded Sandefur to found Lemundia.

Anyway... maybe I'll never get to build another statue, looks like Overlord's coming for the skulls of his lieutenants.... :)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719: June 05, 2012, 11:35:43 PM »
Also, these goddamn horrors from overlord are an invasion on their own... :P

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720: June 05, 2012, 11:42:40 PM »
Also, these goddamn horrors from overlord are an invasion on their own... :P

No kidding...

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721: June 05, 2012, 11:58:30 PM »
To be fair, a lot of them only switched over to MR in the first place because the Duchies seceded. And a lot of the people we knew were conspirators in the original plot were dead or gone: Haethorne, Borin Athins, and Vellos. Khaludh was repentant and willing to bring his Duchy back (which was desperately needed) and then step down. D'Este... Well, not sure he deserved a full pardon but then again he didn't secede until later and then not because he was a supporter of Lefanis; his motivations in the matter were clear: Protect his city from being destroyed. Which he did successfully.

Of the others, we banned Mordred. Hylor Hobbs was allowed to return only so he could RP his character's suicide. Nigel De la Fere was allowed back, but that was a near thing. If Evander had had his way he would have been banned too, but I was a little too inactive at the time to make sure the Judge followed through. The only other one that I'm aware of is Ishimu, and I'd have liked to see him banned but wasn't willing to push the issue. All others were just knights or lords following their lieges so far as I know.

I know the old I am only folowing my liege excuse. Still, they could have chosen to simply leave.
Those lands would have been destroyed by the daimons had the invasion continued anyway.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722: June 06, 2012, 06:18:23 AM »
Woah. Lots of dead guys.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723: June 06, 2012, 06:27:41 AM »
Yeah, actually. Yuri Ishimu and Nigel De la Fere are the only ones still around...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724: June 06, 2012, 06:28:59 AM »
Nah, I mean in the battle in Unger.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell