Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlboro

Quote from: Lefanis on June 06, 2012, 06:18:23 AM
Woah. Lots of dead guys.

Yeah who needs Mortality when you've got Heroes?

Kay got seriously wounded three times; that's gotta be some kind of record.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

OFaolain

Quote from: Lefanis on June 06, 2012, 06:18:23 AM
Woah. Lots of dead guys.

I'm partial to the "Grant" method: when you've got a problem, just keep throwing men at it until it's either not a problem anymore or you run out of men.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Velax

Quote from: OFaolain on June 06, 2012, 08:59:56 AM
I'm partial to the "Grant" method: when you've got a problem, just keep throwing men at it until it's either not a problem anymore or you run out of men.

Also known as the Brannigan Strategy.

Lorgan

Damn it. You're reading the battle report and see that he's only got 40 of his 357 killer-horrors left at the end and then you check the region and find out he's actually got 220 left... bastards just won't die.

P.S.: Oh and this brings it to 110k CS that Overlord has ripped through. :)

Iltaran

Quote from: Lorgan on June 06, 2012, 10:57:51 AM
Damn it. You're reading the battle report and see that he's only got 40 of his 357 killer-horrors left at the end and then you check the region and find out he's actually got 220 left... bastards just won't die.

So close and yet so very, very far  :-\
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Thunthorn

Losses for the horrors hava always been about 50% deaths and 50% wounds. Its about the same as for human troops really except that the wounded daimons all heal to the next battle.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Tom

Quote from: Thunthorn on June 06, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Losses for the horrors hava always been about 50% deaths and 50% wounds. Its about the same as for human troops really except that the wounded daimons all heal to the next battle.

Exactly. Basically, they don't have physical bodies. You can disrupt their forms enough that they can't continue fighting and need a while to reform themselves, which is what "wounded" indicates.

Lorgan

Quote from: Tom on June 06, 2012, 01:51:37 PM
Exactly. Basically, they don't have physical bodies. You can disrupt their forms enough that they can't continue fighting and need a while to reform themselves, which is what "wounded" indicates.

Grm... so all those skulls and bones we've gathered in Unger don't actually exist? :/

I think I'm going to keep them anyway, where's the fun in having nothing to show for your victories but your own soldiers' skulls and bones.. :P

Marlboro

Welp, can't say I didn't see that coming.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

QuoteThe heroine Benedicta Marlboro of Thalmarkin (Dame of Vore, Thalmarkin) was killed by Overlord 's unit.

I've got the feeling Overlord is after everyone ever to be Vice Marshal of my army... :(

So, who's next?  ;D

Lefanis

Quote from: Lorgan on June 06, 2012, 06:21:08 PM
I've got the feeling Overlord is after everyone ever to be Vice Marshal of my army... :(

So, who's next?  ;D

Damn, too bad Kay got whacked thrice by Overlord's soulforged sword... I am getting the mental image of a guy crawling over to a lion to get mauled over and over and over, just to try and tire it out.

He'd have probably enjoyed baiting Overlord further  ;D

What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

mikm

I'm suprised there still troops left to throw at Overlord.

Geronus

Quote from: mikm on June 06, 2012, 06:35:44 PM
I'm suprised there still troops left to throw at Overlord.

Well, the good news is that that unit he's leading is finally at a manageable size. If Thalmarkin can dig deep and pull off the same thing they did with Darkest Hour of the North, I think they've got a good shot. Especially if Fronen or Sint get in the game relatively soon.

Madigan

Quote from: Marlboro on June 06, 2012, 06:19:09 PM
Welp, can't say I didn't see that coming.

You got a nice eulogy though - courtesy of the Bard. What more could a hero ask for?  ;D
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Indirik

Quote from: Geronus on June 06, 2012, 06:44:03 PMSint
Sint is lols...  ::)

I think there are three of us in Pomatim, one in Winifael, three more in Kell... Everyone else is back in Keffa or Daisha.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.