Author Topic: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding  (Read 29397 times)

Fury

Re: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding
« Reply #15: December 10, 2011, 02:04:45 AM »
I never thought I'd see the day when the Zuma got brought to court  :)

My preliminary thoughts:

Firstly, it seems unlikely the Zuma will be able to defend themselves here without taking on a mortal form and thereby revealing their mortal identity. We will most likely have to proceed without their input but I think there is already enough information to act upon.

As Tom has stated before, secret police reports do not generate a scribe note because it is 100% intentional that there is no way to share the information in a 100% verifiable accurate manner.
100% accurate and verifiable manner, you would not get a scribe note link.
Even if police reports are scribe-linkable they are also not 100% accurate (by the way comment).

If it was intentional that you cannot share the information with other players in a 100% accurate and verifiable manner, you would not get a scribe note link.
Sounds like it's the way it's meant to be, if there's a link it can be shared.

Also do note that if there isn't a link anything can still be shared or asked for. It's up to the recipient to give it or not. A torture request was made and information was asked IG on the official report of the torture. IG official would mean scribe-linkable reports.

As the game does not provide means of faking scribe notes through game mechanics the request has to be understood as wanting your official word on the report in an official format. The character could of course send his own (non-game formatted) report and it would be up to their respective characters to hash it out IG.

In short OOC motivations can be translated into IG motivations.