Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 173675 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #105: January 08, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
Does it not bother you that your satisfaction with the Zuma is apparently at least partially based on privileged OOC knowledge you gained by long-term friendships with other players that not all players have access to? That would bother me.

You really like to attempt to read between the lines don't you. My satisfaction has nothing to do with what I know. I was satisfied with the Zuma when I played in D'Hara, back when I was a greenhorn who knew nothing about how they worked. My knowledge means I can sometimes see the cause of Zuma actions when others don't, sure but I like the Zuma regardless, I like the challenge and difference they add to Dwilight, and in my opinion a force like the Zuma is great for a frontier orientated continent.

It is time to face facts, Dwilight is NOT the same game as the other islands, just as BT is not. The Zuma are part of the difference. If you feel the Zuma ruin your experience, then probably this is not the island for you, just as if you felt invasions were nothing but a hindrance to your game, BT would not be the choice for you.

By the way, there is no rule against anyone knowing the mechanics behind the Zuma, there is a rule about Devs just giving away info they gleaned from the code. The majority of us avoid dealing with any part of the code that isn't related to whatever task we are currently working on, be it the doctrine upgrade, bugs or whatever. We do this so we aren't tempted to firstly use our knowledge in game, since that would obviously be a OOC abuse, and so we aren't tempted to just post everything whenever threads like this come up. People did work out the majority of the recruitment system for the invaders on BT, it is possible to work these things out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:39:42 PM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.