Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 174601 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #330: January 31, 2012, 04:14:20 AM »
How many of you are starting to suspect De Legro is the Zuma GM.....

No, but he like others (such as myself) have dealt with them some in the past and happen to realize a bit on how to act around them. At least I have learned from my mistakes in that area so that I won't make them again.

Believe it or not, De-Legro is actually trying to help you without blatantly telling you what to do, instead of just lecturing you.

The point is that the Zuma have been on Dwilight since the beginning and their location was known at least relatively for a while before people actuallly settled right on their border.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but all of my knowledge and experience of them suggests that if you just look at the map of Dwilight and pretend that every region that the Zuma hold and every region they touch simply didn't exist and played accordingly, then you would pretty much not have to deal with the Zuma. If members of your realm (especially your rulers) choose to not do so, or someone chooses to interact with them, that is a different story. Either punish those characters or take the consequences, or simply move elsewhere. The Zuma are bounded by certain game mechanics which limit their power, and as far as I can tell they also only respond to human interactions instead of simply killing for no reason.

On another note: I'm fairly sure that if Terran for instance wanted to involve itself in the Luria affair and simply ignore the Zuma during that time and proceed not to taunt or insult them, they would be perfectly capable of doing so without the Zuma interference.

And, a good point was made that reasons for war aren't always the ones that are publicly stated. It is quite possible that your character is simply unaware of the real reasons or leaders didn't respond to the real reasons. PeL certainly has seen plenty of this recently.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."