Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 174916 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #450: February 02, 2012, 04:37:04 AM »
No, if Vates was still around, but Haktoo was doing this stuff, I wouldn't be complaining at all on here. I'd be ICly scheming with Vates.

Or, even if both GMs were unified, I'd play nice, wait for the "Time of Haktoo" to end, and buddy up with the next Daimon overlord.

The problem with Vates is that there were multiple GMs but now there aren't.

Sacha (can't quote a quote apparently):

Point 2 is wrong. Daimons were not known to be immensely powerful. Back when those regions were not the Zuma Coalition, but rather just "Zuma" (and even the early days of the Zuma Coalition), the daimons usually only fielded armies of 2000 or 3000 CS per unit. One or two Zuma regions actually went rogue a few times, and the daimons lost some battles to rogues. And, even then, after the grew so powerful, the Zuma Coalition was very benign for a long time.

Furthermore, western colonization happened before we knew about the Zuma. Melodia predates general knowledge of the Zuma. Terran's encounters, to my knowledge, are when the Zuma began to get more publicity.

You know I have to point out that Silverfire (I think it was him) had a very good point about this. Maybe the Zuma were weak before because they only had their own resources to fall back on. Then everyone started selling them enormous quantities of food. Given how much they pay for it, doesn't it make sense that it's far more valuable to them than gold? Has anyone thought about why that might be? Maybe, just maybe, you've been feeding the beast, as it were. Maybe all that extra food is what is allowing them to maintain such enormous armies.

And, though I've largely supported the anti-Zuma people in this thread, I do agree that the multiple GM idea is wishful thinking. For one thing, it's been mentioned numerous times in numerous places that it is very difficult to recruit GMs who are willing and able to dedicate large amounts of time to their roles. And now you're demanding that instead of one Tom recruits a squad of them, who will not only devote all that time to their IC efforts, but also take extra time to make 100% thorough and accurate crib notes to share with all their peers detailing their every move so that they can all march in lockstep and no plot hook is ever left behind? They're not exactly getting paid for what they do you know...