Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 174720 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #465: February 02, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »
There is already a disaster.
Which will not be solved by some "rotating GM" scheme. You'll just be trading one perceived problem: there's only one GM so we can't play the NPCs off of each other, for another guaranteed problem: the inconsistencies in continuity. We already know that the players *will* complain bitterly about even the most trivial inconsistency problems between GM stories/RPs. It happened in the third invasion, it happened again in the fourth invasion, it happened with the difference in stories between the third and fourth invasion even after it had been made clear that there was only passing similarity between the two, and it happened between the current ZumaGM and the Vates-GM. Players will twig to those differences and start bitching. They're not going to suddenly change their tune because, hey, it's the Zuma this time. Nor do I think that simply adding a second/third/Nth GM to the Zuma team will make much difference either. You still won't be able to play them off against each other or drive wedges between them the way you could do with player run realms. GM/NPC factions don't work that way. It may increase the total time that the GMs have to engage in RP. Or increase the total number of GM characters available. (Which, by the way, would reduce the weakness of the Zuma that many people have been plotting to take advantage of.) But it's not going to mean that you could take advantage of political tensions and ambitions of individual daimon characters.

But... meh... this discussion really isn't going anywhere. We're just talking in circles.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.