Author Topic: Calm before the storm on FEI  (Read 72608 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Re: Calm before the storm on FEI
« Reply #105: May 02, 2012, 05:37:37 AM »
Has it ever.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 02, 2012, 05:41:53 AM »
Yeah, it's really gone downhill since then...

Yeah.. Ohnar went so down that she actually came up on the other side.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: May 02, 2012, 06:03:05 AM »
I really hope Morgan trying to be the voice of reason doesn't actually convince anyone to be reasonable.

Actually, he hopes it doesn't convince anyone, either, which is why he's being somewhat half-hearted about it.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: May 02, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »
I really hope Morgan trying to be the voice of reason doesn't actually convince anyone to be reasonable.

Actually, he hopes it doesn't convince anyone, either, which is why he's being somewhat half-hearted about it.

Why even do it?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 02, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »
Why even do it?

+1

Yeah, don't hold up war :)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 02, 2012, 07:07:10 AM »
+1

Yeah, don't hold up war :)

Pft! Like /his/ words are going to stop Sorraine. Instead, they've given us useful tactical information, as we can definitely expect their armies coming up north. Hopefully Cathay can be recreated a.s.a.p. Wouldn't be a real world war without the guy in the middle.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: May 02, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
...soon as Galiard's done convincing the bureaucrats that he's "familiar enough with Anacan" to secede!

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 02, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
Why even do it?

To keep up appearances.  And because it's in character for him to at least make some attempt.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: May 02, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
There's too many people trying to huddle in the middle and not show their hands for a real war to break out. Arella's trying to do what she used to do oh so well- force people to polarize so the haze becomes clearer.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: May 02, 2012, 11:54:41 PM »
Yeah, it's really gone downhill since then...

It's better than before, when no one really cared about much to do with anything.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: May 03, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »
Yeah, but... look who you elected as ruler... embarrassing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: May 03, 2012, 03:54:43 AM »
Oh dear, should I be bailing Galen out just so Zonasa has priests to fight back with?

Yes.

By arresting him you've just effectively killed everything remotely fun or interesting in Zonasa....  :-\

Back to silence and half starving cities. *sigh* why does Zonasa run off every single interesting character?

Not to mention that was the biggest sham of a boring trial I've ever seen in BM; in retrospect I'm not even sure why we bothered with the drawn out charade.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:57:47 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: May 03, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »
Right, because there's no chance of anything else coming along once we put this whole sordid affair behind us.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: May 03, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
Sadly I did not log on in time to stop the arrest, I was rather hoping that you might take Haul to Toupellon or something and give us a good cause for war . . . well, and Morgan just didn't want that sort of disorder, but it seems like it was not to be avoided.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: May 03, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »
Right, because there's no chance of anything else coming along once we put this whole sordid affair behind us.

*shrug* Sure, but I was there quite a while before this whole thing with not much action...

Sadly I did not log on in time to stop the arrest, I was rather hoping that you might take Haul to Toupellon or something and give us a good cause for war . . . well, and Morgan just didn't want that sort of disorder, but it seems like it was not to be avoided.

Even if I was planning on that, I would've at least waited until the damn trial ended! Feels like the whole Tribunal was a freaking waste of time now since they just up and arrested me before the thing was even over. Didn't even get a chance to deliver my closing defense!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)