Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Calm before the storm on FEI

Started by DoctorHarte, January 12, 2012, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zakilevo

Quote from: Perth on May 03, 2012, 07:14:54 AM
*shrug* Sure, but I was there quite a while before this whole thing with not much action...

Even if I was planning on that, I would've at least waited until the damn trial ended! Feels like the whole Tribunal was a freaking waste of time now since they just up and arrested me before the thing was even over. Didn't even get a chance to deliver my closing defense!

Poor Perth. Come to OW :)

Perth

Quote from: Zakilevo on May 03, 2012, 07:58:26 AM
Poor Perth. Come to OW :)

Haha, I'm not too poor, it is all pretty self-inflicted  ::)

From the looks of things, Galen will likely end up somewhere else, though.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Huntsmaster

Quote from: Bedwyr on April 28, 2012, 11:24:26 PMI think you also underestimate how badly Zonasa, Aenilia, and Kindara could have hurt Arcaea if they stopped dicking around in Larmebsi and went for the western regions looting with a vengeance.

Until Zonasa rolled up with every noble glaze-eyed for gold and showed that they had no idea how to attack a city. Wow. Been a while since I remembered that.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Velax

If Zonasa hadn't rolled up, there wouldn't be an Aenilia anymore.

Anaris

Quote from: Perth on May 03, 2012, 07:14:54 AM
Even if I was planning on that, I would've at least waited until the damn trial ended! Feels like the whole Tribunal was a freaking waste of time now since they just up and arrested me before the thing was even over. Didn't even get a chance to deliver my closing defense!

Sigrún and Baranion, at the least, were very much convinced, from Galen's behaviour, that he was just going to run—that he would never let there be even the slightest chance that he could be sentenced and the sentence carried out.

Sigrún was sick of your shenanigans and disrespect for the authority of her office. She ordered you arrested because you refused to comply with the order to come in.

If you'd wanted to stay in the game, you shouldn't have thrown your chips in her face ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Weylyn

Now, I normally don't check these forums much, but some of this stuff is getting too absurd to stay silent.

The tribunal is deliberating to reach a verdict, there was never going to be a closing defense.

As for why we bothered with this drawn out affair, I've wondered the same thing. I believe it has something to do with some people complaining that I couldn't just order a Duke arrested simply because I had seen him commit the crime myself. I mean, pah, since when has the truth ever had anything to do with guilt or innocence.

Please, pretty please, drop the charade. Every day you've had since the auto da fe was on borrowed time as you know. The only reason I suggested the idea of a tribunal was because I thought it might be fun. Instead, it turned into an endless troll-parade from three characters who are very fond of acting hurt when anybody calls them on their transparent lies and who keep insisting that a Judge who's been elected twice with a massive majority in the elections must be horribly, abominably corrupt.

Of course Sigrún had you arrested. What did you think was going to happen? She was quite clear, you were going to face the verdict whether you wanted to or not. She's been tired of the shenanigans for a while now, and she's also quite aware that priests are slippery little bastards who can be half way to Masahakon by the time the guard realises he's gone. As for the intended sentence, she did mention that at the beginning of the tribunal. The charge is a capital crime.

Indirik

I hate IC "trials". They are never a good idea.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

Quote from: Indirik on May 03, 2012, 06:58:49 PM
I hate IC "trials". They are never a good idea.

Oh, believe me, we know. This is, what, the third trial we've been part of? :P
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Scarlett

I don't mind IC trials. I never understand why anybody would then come argue the same case in an OOC forum. Or justify anything their characters do on a forum, for that matter. Just seems to make it more 'player v player' and less 'character v character'

Indirik

The problem with IC trials is that everything is pure fabrication. There is never any definitive proof or hard evidence. And everyone knows that. So everyone knows exactly what their verdict will be before anything ever even starts. Every one I've ever seen has been a complete sham. The only thing that could ever get decided is wrangling over the sentence.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

Quote from: Anaris on May 03, 2012, 02:45:42 PM
Sigrún and Baranion, at the least, were very much convinced, from Galen's behaviour, that he was just going to run—that he would never let there be even the slightest chance that he could be sentenced and the sentence carried out.

Sigrún was sick of your shenanigans and disrespect for the authority of her office. She ordered you arrested because you refused to comply with the order to come in.

If you'd wanted to stay in the game, you shouldn't have thrown your chips in her face ;D

Disrespect for the authority of her office? Galen is sick of her disrespect of the authority of her office. I would dispute what authority a Judge has to simply order a Duke around at will. It is not as if Galen has been declared guilty yet. Based on this, she authority to tell every Duke of the realm where they should be at all times, and if they do not comply, they should be arrested.

Also, in my own defense, until today I never even got to see the order to come to Zonasa. I replied to the Regent's polite request. When I next logged in I was arrested and so never saw all of the stuff with where Sigrún so politely corrected her Regent's request into an order. I honestly never had the chance to come in.

Quote from: Weylyn on May 03, 2012, 04:43:29 PM
As for why we bothered with this drawn out affair, I've wondered the same thing. I believe it has something to do with some people complaining that I couldn't just order a Duke arrested simply because I had seen him commit the crime myself. I mean, pah, since when has the truth ever had anything to do with guilt or innocence.

You're attitude about this whole thing has been very OOC. You act like just because, OOC, we all know that Galen caused the auto de fa (and by that I mean, I hit the button), that it is pure IC fact that nobody should have reason to doubt. That isn't the case. Galen and Sigrún were the only noble witnesses, and it took place way up on a freaking mountain. It is COMPLETELY disputable.

Please, pretty please, drop the charade. Every day you've had since the auto da fe was on borrowed time as you know. The only reason I suggested the idea of a tribunal was because I thought it might be fun. Instead, it turned into an endless troll-parade from three characters who are very fond of acting hurt when anybody calls them on their transparent lies and who keep insisting that a Judge who's been elected twice with a massive majority in the elections must be horribly, abominably corrupt.

You almost sound like you aren't trying to play Sigrún as corrupt. She is. She is vengeful and power hungry, clearly. Which is fine, she is a powerful character in Zonasa and nobody has the gusto to stick up to her, not even the Regent. But I'm worried now that you make it sound like you aren't trying to play her that way.

Also, the reason there are only about three characters who speak against Sigrún is because there are only like 6 or 7 vocal players period in Zonasa, of which only about 5 give a crap about this trial.  :P

She was quite clear, you were going to face the verdict whether you wanted to or not.

And you still insist Sigrún isn't vengeful or corrupt?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

Quote from: Perth on May 03, 2012, 10:33:40 PM
You're attitude about this whole thing has been very OOC. You act like just because, OOC, we all know that Galen caused the auto de fa (and by that I mean, I hit the button), that it is pure IC fact that nobody should have reason to doubt. That isn't the case. Galen and Sigrún were the only noble witnesses, and it took place way up on a freaking mountain. It is COMPLETELY disputable.

So because the Judge—the Judge, mind you, the one whose house you burned down and whose servants you murdered—is the only one aside from your character who saw it with their own eyes, we should all doubt that it really happened.

Riiiiight.

I would bet you that if you asked 100 BattleMaster players, "Hey, if you auto-da-fe-ed the Judge, do you think it would make sense for you to get off scott-free?", 99 of them would say, "Are you frigging nuts? You'd get banned, if not executed!"
Timothy Collett

Lorgan

Weylyn

The reason I sound like I'm not playing her as corrupt is because I'm not, and she isn't.

Vengeful? Sure, I'll concede vengeful, that trait runs in the family. Old Quinn's held grudges for decades, and Drystan isn't a whole lot nicer. Sigrún hasn't had time to develop grudges yet, but some people are getting there.

But corrupt? No, I fail to see corrupt, and I find the suggestion to be absurd.

Perth

Quote from: Anaris on May 03, 2012, 11:04:27 PM
So because the Judge—the Judge, mind you, the one whose house you burned down and whose servants you murdered—is the only one aside from your character who saw it with their own eyes, we should all doubt that it really happened.

Riiiiight.

I would bet you that if you asked 100 BattleMaster players, "Hey, if you auto-da-fe-ed the Judge, do you think it would make sense for you to get off scott-free?", 99 of them would say, "Are you frigging nuts? You'd get banned, if not executed!"

That isn't what I'm arguing. I've said multiple times that I don't expect to not be banned, etc. Of course that will happen. All I am saying is that in a realm where the perception of "fair" in the justice system is thrown around, Sigrún has been anything but.

Quote from: Weylyn on May 03, 2012, 11:19:11 PM
But corrupt? No, I fail to see corrupt, and I find the suggestion to be absurd.

So you're telling me that the accuser in a trial acting as the arbiter of the trial is not corrupt? That a Judge insisting that she has the power to order a Duke's physical whereabouts around and them arresting them after a few hours is not corrupt? That having your nepotistic cronies' in position to perform the arrest is not corrupt? 

What?