Author Topic: New Stats Region/Realm Efficiency  (Read 8543 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: New Stats Region/Realm Efficiency
« Reply #15: January 25, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
I'd like to see a map of Dwilight, with the regions shaded according to food production, gold production, max pop, etc. I don't really care about "density", as that's almost completely unimportant. (Unless you're trying to maximize production vs. travel times, or something...)  A quick perusal of the Info > Region page shows that the vast majority of the choice food producing regions are on the eastern subcontinent, or the northern end of the western subcontinent. The Southwest kinda got screwed over in that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 25, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
..how will the yet to be dealt with new economy (wood/stone/melal/etc) change things? or is that semi factored in already? (or is that junked? XD)
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 26, 2012, 12:54:43 AM »
It is quite possible that New Economy will never happen. The addition of all that stuff would really push the game more toward a resource management and away from an RP/War game. Even food will continue to be simplified and moved a bit more away from something that needs to be constantly managed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: January 26, 2012, 12:58:11 AM »
Amen.

While I still believe that strategic resources should be added as an incentive for conquest, they won't happen as tradeable resources within the forseable future. Maybe something a lot simpler, like the "resources" of the recent Civ games (i.e. if you occupy the region that has the resource, you get its bonuses).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 26, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »
Amen.

While I still believe that strategic resources should be added as an incentive for conquest, they won't happen as tradeable resources within the forseable future. Maybe something a lot simpler, like the "resources" of the recent Civ games (i.e. if you occupy the region that has the resource, you get its bonuses).

That would be nice.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 26, 2012, 06:20:26 AM »
* Artemesia looks at the state of Sallowtown and Koli Bedwyr.

* Artemesia is unimpressed.

Eh, you wins some, you loses some.  The game would be boring as hell if all my plans worked.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 26, 2012, 06:25:39 AM »
Here's an idea, tie the bonuses to the estates rather then the realm, so that different sorts of knights would have different desires for estates.

It could be a simple bonus script tagged to run for estates, with something like:

X Resource: Basic Maintenence, your troops equipment can never be in worse then 75% damaged condition
Y Resource:  Gold Rush, if more then 16 hours left until destination, add one hour to time pool.
Z Resource: The Little Things , if morale is less then 50%, add 1 to morale

With X being a manufacturing resource, Y being a luxury like gold, Z being some sort of fine trade good.

This is designed for the new estate system of course.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: January 27, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »
Here's an idea, tie the bonuses to the estates rather then the realm, so that different sorts of knights would have different desires for estates.

This.

Except perhaps maybe it could be a dissolution of effects upwards?

The bonuses are tied to estates and they get the biggest benefit of it. The Duchy the estate belongs to gets a somewhat smaller benefit from the bonus. And then the realm as a whole gets an even smaller benefit of it.

This way, there are large incentives for both controlling and owning the regions/estates with the bonuses both on an individual level, on a ducal level and then even on the realm level. Potential for conflict all the way up the chain.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: January 27, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
Estates are very primitive right now, but I have all intentions of making them more meaningful.

Until then, however, we have tons of other things to do.