Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New Trade System Feedback

Started by Tom, January 28, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

egamma

Quote from: Zakilevo on February 06, 2012, 07:41:14 AM
Maybe there should be travel tax for foreigners. Whenever they go through a city, they should pay small amount of gold or something.

...and what if they don't have any gold? You're going to have the gate guards block passage for the King of Evilstani over a lousy 2 gold?

Tom

Quote from: Zakilevo on February 06, 2012, 07:41:14 AM
Maybe there should be travel tax for foreigners. Whenever they go through a city, they should pay small amount of gold or something.

Nonsense.

fodder

Quote from: Tom on February 05, 2012, 10:34:48 AM
You can always cancel your own trades, never those of anyone else. If you find something different, please report it on the bugtracker with details.

before me posting anything in bugtracker.... can i check the following...

in which page are you supposed to be able to cancel own trades?
MarketsWatch.php?
Marketplace.php?

in any market or own region only?

both my lord and steward characters (of avengmil) are now in a foreign market place (Enweilieos) and i am in a position to check.

--
bt
i had a previous outstanding sell offer that only appears in MarketsWatch.php no sign of being able to cancel anything there.
in Marketplace.php  there's no sign of that offer... could be because i'm out of range.. not certain.

just now i used the lord to create another sell offer... no sign of being able to cancel it anywhere (in this far away foreign marketplace) with either steward or lord... perhaps i could cancel it when i am in the home region?

---
incidentally.. the "food sold" message should really say "food offered for sale"

Food Sold   (7 minutes ago)
message to the lord and steward of Avengmil
Yuri has put 20 bushels of food on the market, removing it from the granary.

and for some reason, despite it being sent to lord and steward... only the lord got a copy.. (could be just me and that strange issue)

----

ah... and the bit about being able to cancel your own trade and not anyone else.

does that refer to position or actual person when it comes to the lord?

eg.. old lord sees his (food consuming) region about to fall, loads all food on market to sell.... new lord can't cancel? obviously.. if they are smart about it, the trade would have been completed before the region falls or new lord installed..
firefox

egamma

Is it intended that a lord can load all his food in the market in order to avoid rotting?

Indirik

Quote from: fodder on February 07, 2012, 06:18:45 PM
before me posting anything in bugtracker.... can i check the following...

in which page are you supposed to be able to cancel own trades?
MarketsWatch.php?
Marketplace.php?

Marketplace.php will allow you to cancel orders you have posted.

The MarketsWatch page is a view-only page that is always available to lords/stewards, dukes, and bankers. It will show you all the open offers in your region/duchy/realm, respectively.

Quotein any market or own region only?
The marketwatch page is always available. The marketplace page is avail to lords, stewards, and traders who are at any marketplace. Lords/stewards can also reach it when at their home region, even if there is no marketplace there.

Quoteboth my lord and steward characters (of avengmil) are now in a foreign market place (Enweilieos) and i am in a position to check.
As long as you are not at war with the realm that owns the marketplace, you should be able to use it.

Quotei had a previous outstanding sell offer that only appears in MarketsWatch.php no sign of being able to cancel anything there. in Marketplace.php  there's no sign of that offer...
Lords cannot cancel an offer posted by their steward, and stewards cannot cancel an offer posted by their lord. The owner of the offer should be listed. Also, all offers have an expiration date. It should expire on its own, even if you can't cancel it manuall for some reason.

Quotecould be because i'm out of range.. not certain.
A steward/lord can never be "out of range" of their home region.

Quotejust now i used the lord to create another sell offer... no sign of being able to cancel it anywhere (in this far away foreign marketplace) with either steward or lord... perhaps i could cancel it when i am in the home region?
That may be a bug. Whoever posts the offer should be able to cancel it.

Quoteah... and the bit about being able to cancel your own trade and not anyone else.

does that refer to position or actual person when it comes to the lord?
Offers are owned by the noble, not the position. If a Buy offer is canceled, the character that posted it will get his bonds back. If a Sell order is canceled, the food will return to the region's warehouse.

Quoteeg.. old lord sees his (food consuming) region about to fall, loads all food on market to sell.... new lord can't cancel?
Correct. The new lord cannot cancel an offer posted by the prior lord or the prior steward. (Maybe that is something that will need to be looked at. But like you said, someone could just accept the offer and get rid of the food before the takeover finishes anyway. The lord could even sell the food at the minimum price to get rid of it, rather than posting an offer. So, this is probably a non-issue.)

Quote from: egamma on February 07, 2012, 06:30:56 PMIs it intended that a lord can load all his food in the market in order to avoid rotting?
Placing food on the marketplace is always a risk. Someone else can always snap it up. So, yes, you could place the food in the marketplace to keep it from rotting away. But then it may not be there when you go to cancel your offer and get it back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

Quote from: Indirik on February 07, 2012, 07:01:31 PM
Lords cannot cancel an offer posted by their steward, and stewards cannot cancel an offer posted by their lord. The owner of the offer should be listed. Also, all offers have an expiration date. It should expire on its own, even if you can't cancel it manuall for some reason.
That may be a bug. Whoever posts the offer should be able to cancel it.

good point about expiration.  anyway.. as i said.. lord made fresh offer, can't cancel with either lord or steward XD because it's simply not listed. i'll stick it on the bugtracker.

-----------
hmm... here's another thought....

what if the lord set a sell offer and the steward fulfils it? (or vice versa) is that possible?

a way to get around no bank transfer between characters of same player? (there's already secret soc for that.. not such a new thing) or sending bonds to each other without going through bank?

or is that blocked off already?
firefox

Indirik

Quote from: fodder on February 07, 2012, 07:39:01 PMwhat if the lord set a sell offer and the steward fulfils it? (or vice versa) is that possible?
Yes.

Tom

Of course he can.

But he can always trade from/to his own granaries. But he can easily be out of range of the home region and thus unable to see or trade with offers someone else (say, his steward) has posted there.

Tom

Quote from: fodder on February 07, 2012, 07:39:01 PM
a way to get around no bank transfer between characters of same player? (there's already secret soc for that.. not such a new thing) or sending bonds to each other without going through bank?

or is that blocked off already?

No, it isn't blocked. And yes, it is possible.

It's one of the reasons trading is done in bonds and not gold.

Chenier

Placing food on the marketplace is always a risk. Someone else can always snap it up. So, yes, you could place the food in the marketplace to keep it from rotting away. But then it may not be there when you go to cancel your offer and get it back.

The potential of food being snatched up is rather low if you put it up for sale at, say, 90 gold per 100 bushels.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

Quote from: Chénier on February 08, 2012, 12:11:29 AM
The potential of food being snatched up is rather low if you put it up for sale at, say, 90 gold per 100 bushels.

Except that you can't. Chenier, with all respect, you need to shut up about something you've not even seen.

De-Legro

Quote from: Chénier on February 08, 2012, 12:11:29 AM

There is a upper limit for the price. I don't recall off hand what it is.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

fodder

just noticed this old message...
The last Granary has broken down due to lack of maintainance and repairs.

you can get the last granary destroyed through low pop and all?
firefox

De-Legro

Quote from: fodder on February 08, 2012, 07:27:37 AM
just noticed this old message...
The last Granary has broken down due to lack of maintainance and repairs.

you can get the last granary destroyed through low pop and all?

I'm going to go with, yes.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.