Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New Trade System Feedback

Started by Tom, January 28, 2012, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I don't remember but yes, there was a reason.

loren

It's just kind of weird, because you could in theory buy all the food and then sell it directly yourself, you just have to have the bonds on hand to make the original purchases.  Why you should have to do that when another trader could do it all themselves is just strange.

Carna

Just build a cart workshop in Rettleville and got an error. Carts did not build and gold was not taken from my character. Suspecting this is related to the recent changes

Quoteint(2) A new Cartbuilders has been constructed and will begin production tomorrow. You paid 80 gold coins for this building.
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'MaxStock' cannot be null' in /usr/share/php/Doctrine/DBAL/Statement.php:131 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/DBAL/Statement.php(131): PDOStatement->execute(NULL) #1 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/Persisters/BasicEntityPersister.php(236): Doctrine\DBAL\Statement->execute() #2 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(708): Doctrine\ORM\Persisters\BasicEntityPersister->executeInserts() #3 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/UnitOfWork.php(287): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->executeInserts(Object(Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\ClassMetadata)) #4 /usr/share/php/Doctrine/ORM/EntityManager.php(334): Doctrine\ORM\UnitOfWork->commit() #5 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/BattleMaster/Message.php(58): Doctrine\ORM\EntityManager->flush(Object(BattleMaster\Message)) #6 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/EconomyExtras.php(37): BattleMaster\Message::Send(Array, 'New Workshop', 'A new Cartbuild...', 'Report') #7 {main} thrown in /usr/share/php/Doctrine/DBAL/Statement.php on line 131

fodder

saw something interesting... there's a trade offer to sell food set by the lord. the region has since been taken over and the offer remains. wonder if the new lord can cancel it...

---
steward cannot cancel trade offers that he created? i thought my lord character could set an offer and then delete it right away.... doesn't look like the steward can.
firefox

Tom

Quote from: fodder on February 05, 2012, 07:18:46 AM
saw something interesting... there's a trade offer to sell food set by the lord. the region has since been taken over and the offer remains. wonder if the new lord can cancel it...

---
steward cannot cancel trade offers that he created? i thought my lord character could set an offer and then delete it right away.... doesn't look like the steward can.

You can always cancel your own trades, never those of anyone else. If you find something different, please report it on the bugtracker with details.

Chenier

So, who are the ones who can trade from abroad? Traders, or anyone with caravans (traders having a greater range)?

I know an announcement was done that all food would be erased from the caravans, I'm just not sure of the caravans' new role in the new trade system. How do they work? What is their purpose? What does having more of them change?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Quote from: Chénier on February 05, 2012, 04:32:42 PMSo, who are the ones who can trade from abroad?
Traders, lords, and stewards. A "regular knight" can no longer trade at all.

QuoteI'm just not sure of the caravans' new role in the new trade system.
There are no more caravans. Remove the word "caravan" from your vocabulary. They do not exist.

At least for right now. There will eventually be some mechanics added to remove the current instantaneous-movement nature of trading. I don't know what it will be, but it will almost certainly be automated, without any control by the players.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on February 05, 2012, 04:40:14 PM
Traders, lords, and stewards. A "regular knight" can no longer trade at all.
There are no more caravans. Remove the word "caravan" from your vocabulary. They do not exist.

At least for right now. There will eventually be some mechanics added to remove the current instantaneous-movement nature of trading. I don't know what it will be, but it will almost certainly be automated, without any control by the players.

I can still buy them in cities with trader supplies. So if I understand correctly, buying them would be a total waste of gold, right?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on February 05, 2012, 04:47:39 PM
At this time, yes.

Will these buildings have a new use? If caravans aren't going to return as they used to exist, it'd be nice to have these turned into tariff posts that allow lords to impose taxes on trades that are made from their region.

I really think tariffs would add a lot to the trading game. Tariffs on people trading from your region (usage fee) and on trades with your region from abroad (shipping fees). The combination would allow those who don't care about trade to play with a very simple and steamlined system, while granting those who want to focus on trade a few tools to incite people to come to them.

Tom

Quote from: Chénier on February 05, 2012, 04:45:56 PM
I can still buy them in cities with trader supplies. So if I understand correctly, buying them would be a total waste of gold, right?

That is because the definition of available workshops is shared between testing and stable. Just like stable now has granaries that don't do anything, testing still has caravans workshops.

Chenier

Quote from: Tom on February 05, 2012, 05:00:38 PM
That is because the definition of available workshops is shared between testing and stable. Just like stable now has granaries that don't do anything, testing still has caravans workshops.

That's interesting. I had no idea.

fodder

Quote from: Tom on February 05, 2012, 10:34:48 AM
You can always cancel your own trades, never those of anyone else. If you find something different, please report it on the bugtracker with details.

that's when you are at a market only? when i come across another market on dwi, i'll give it another go
firefox

Tom

I have started thinking about tariffs, but I'm not yet through with the design process in my head.

Zakilevo

Maybe there should be travel tax for foreigners. Whenever they go through a city, they should pay small amount of gold or something.