Author Topic: New Trade System Feedback  (Read 63978 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: New Trade System Feedback
« Reply #195: February 23, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »
I really like making some extra gold by selling food. It would be nice if once I press those orders, they ask me if I really want to accept the offer. - or does it do that already? Can't remember.

If you don't really want to accept the offer, don't press the button. It is that easy.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #196: February 23, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
Yes, until you mess up on a smartphone with a touchscreen... its that kind of situation that an are you sure button is really for, Tom, not to ask you twice about something you made up your mind to do. To make sure you didn't press the wrong button.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #197: February 23, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
Yes, until you mess up on a smartphone with a touchscreen... its that kind of situation that an are you sure button is really for, Tom, not to ask you twice about something you made up your mind to do. To make sure you didn't press the wrong button.

So, do you want an "are you really sure?" dialog for the "are you sure?" button as well, because we can't be certain you meant THAT, either?

Sorry, I am not budging one inch on this. There will never, ever, EVER be "are you sure" dialogs in BM for anything that is less important than deleting a character or so.

And I can give you that "never, ever" in 100pt bold red, if that's what it takes. This is one of the Frequently Rejected requests, and I am not contributing to the pest that confirmation dialogs are. In fact, I held a keynote speech in front of 300 people just this Tuesday telling everyone to do away with confirmation dialogs wherever possible.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #198: February 23, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
If that's how you feel, that's how you feel. I'll just know who to place the blame on when I waste hours scouting ahead when I'm trying to drop siege engines.

egamma

« Reply #199: February 24, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
If that's how you feel, that's how you feel. I'll just know who to place the blame on when I waste hours scouting ahead when I'm trying to drop siege engines.

...the manufacturer of your crappy touchscreen?

egamma

« Reply #200: February 24, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
Look at the statistics.

For the past days, there have been between 10k and 15k bushels in sell orders on the market.

Total food production (production graph, stacked) is about 35k.

So there's in total about a third of a daily food production available on the market. That's a pretty good number, so I think you can assume that if a region has no sell offers, it doesn't have food it wants to sell.

Can your statistics show how much food on the markets is for unrestricted sale? I'm guessing that would be no more than 3K available, across Dwilight.

Or, how much is for unrestricted sale for 30 gold or less?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: February 24, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
Can your statistics show how much food on the markets is for unrestricted sale? I'm guessing that would be no more than 3K available, across Dwilight.

Luria had a few thousand up for unrestricted sale, no idea of the price though. Got to be quick though Giask is a hungry city.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #202: February 24, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

over 6k available in unrestricted sales right now. 32 offers total. About half of them are at 30 gold or less.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: February 24, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
Luria had a few thousand up for unrestricted sale, no idea of the price though. Got to be quick though Giask is a hungry city.

No need to hurry, as I'm miles away from a marketplace so can't do anything trade related........but then again, I'm stupid for not putting 100 orders up before I went together with the army. ;P

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: February 24, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »
So if food is produced every day now, does this mean it's impossible to starve an enemy city without completely stopping its production, because a small amount of food will almost always be produced at the sunrise turn?

egamma

« Reply #205: February 24, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »
Is the trade distance calculated as the crow flies, or as nobles move?

You are currently in Cailyn.
You are 347 miles from your realm, Desert of Silhouettes is the closest region.

Your advisor studies the maps, then proposes this route:

Cailyn - Shomrak - Elntorak - Shyussei - Nyuushi - Desert of Silhouettes
Taking this route, it would take you 116 hours, or 18 turns, to cover the total distance of 751 miles, assuming no travel delays.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: February 24, 2012, 07:11:51 PM »
So if food is produced every day now, does this mean it's impossible to starve an enemy city without completely stopping its production, because a small amount of food will almost always be produced at the sunrise turn?

fwuvoghor is starting to go hungry... so i'm guessing it depends on what the deficit per day is. on the other hand, given food trade is immediate, what it produces is not necessarily the limiting factor.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #207: February 24, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
Is the trade distance calculated as the crow flies, or as nobles move?

As the noble flies if launched from an original Outer Tilog catapult. :-)

For simplicity, it's the crow.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #208: February 24, 2012, 07:53:28 PM »

Starvation will set in even if there is a bit of production, because if it can't cover demand, then some people will starve.

How quickly and badly it gets depends on how much is produced vs. consumed.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: February 24, 2012, 08:01:35 PM »
As the noble flies if launched from an original Outer Tilog catapult. :-)

For simplicity, it's the crow.

yeah. wondered about that... making it rather difficult to figure out range issues, if any exists, eg... http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6592  because it's like comparing apples and pears.
firefox