Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 219231 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #630: April 01, 2013, 08:04:20 AM »
FWIW, as a player who has often bitched about the Zuma– I'm psyched about them torching Saffalore.

I just wish they would also burn down Aurvandil.

Like I've been saying for maybe a few years now: the Zuma need to burn !@#$ down, like all the time. Not just sit there and play a measured game. Them torching Saffalore added a new entertaining bit to a power struggle and levels the playing field within the former Terranese states. Think of the Zuma as the US and Terran as.... Yugoslavia in 1991.

It bothers me a lot that the Zuma GM functions on a very restrictive information diet, yes. I think they should make lots of public announcements to lots of players, not private messages. The Zuma GM needs to play with a megaphone.

But is there fundamentally a problem with walking in and burning a city down? Nah. I just wish they'd do it more often and more indiscriminately, or else go jump in a volcano.

As long as the Zuma are DOING things in an approximately understandable, public fashion that enables more than just secretive RP-heavy players to interact, they can be cool. That just isn't usually how the Zuma work, AFAIK.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner