Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 219140 times)

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #645: April 01, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
While I find it kind of pathetic you had a tantrum and deleted your character, its what you should have done, just I see it as pathetic when doing it in a rage-quit manner (without the rage at players) then a I have thought about this for a bit and decided I should delete my character. If you don't like the Zuma, which has been there for awhile and has always been said to be there for a reason/something to play with not simply ignore, then you should just leave the island as that is part of Dwilight, like you did. What you shouldn't do is go, I don't like this so we shouldn't have it in the game. (IMO anyways)

I have never liked the Zuma (and said so) but even I will admit that their involvement always had a very obvious level of restraint in the past. We even had some good RP with them a couple times. Various people would occasionally try to solicit them for something but it was always a bust or pretty close to one.

As for my tantrum, all I can say is that when an army composed of players arrived and took everything I had, I had a great time, even though several of them were apparently cheaters. The ones who weren't made it fun. That was a big loss. Not being able to establish Saffalore is not a big loss because neither I nor Quintus had any particular ambition to do so. The only thing I'm pissed about is that Dwilight was finally starting to be fun after being both the most boring and the least seriously medieval continent I'd ever seen, and that got halted because one noble half a world away persuaded them to attack based on who knows what. I can guess that Kas' letters probably had something to do with it, but this gets into what Vellos said: none of the nearby nobles knew what was going on. If the Zuma had been a human realm there would've been letters exchanged, like, dear sir, we understand your realm is dumb and we are thinking of invading, or at the very least, dear sir, we understand the realm that used to be here is dumb, is your new realm also dumb.

By the way, one of Quintus' acts before he surrendered the Chateau was to sell some of his food stores to the Zuma. Quintus hates the Zuma but even he's pragmatic enough to know when he might need favors. I guess nobody noticed.