Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215964 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #600: April 01, 2013, 02:47:06 AM »
1. Loving Anaris in this thread.

2. I thought it was clear? Do not declare war on the Zuma. They will !@#$ your !@#$ up. If you declare war on the Zuma, you are an idiot.

So yeah... you totally deserved that one.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #601: April 01, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
I don't generally agree with Glaumring, but I have to say, basically that whole post sounds absolutely true to me. ;D

He's dead on.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602: April 01, 2013, 02:51:37 AM »
1. Loving Anaris in this thread.
If I say I agree with him, will you say you love me, too?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #603: April 01, 2013, 03:04:18 AM »
If its all dead-on please give me examples, with character names on who is doing it. Also Lorgan to your 2, Terran did not declare war, Phantaria did with permission from Haktoo because Haktoo was too busy to hand over the region herself.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #604: April 01, 2013, 03:12:21 AM »
Well I would say you have a skewed view on that, same as Glaumring. I would say there are a few in D'hara like that, but the rest of the D'harans say wtf you saying, these are allies we aren't doing that !@#$. As to the military, with Kabrinskia Terran was aware that due to certain circumstances D'hara would only be aiding in the case that Terran started to lose the war. D'hara has never had a large military. I will not say the exact numbers, but it is small because its extremely hard for D'hara to do military outside of the realm. We have several members who need to tend to our regions to defend from monsters, some who our only active enough to be able to tend to their region, some who do some food moving around, and some who just do nothing. That, it takes forever to get anywhere, and it costs a quite a bit to go anywhere with a unit that it hinders D'hara greatly. The area of D'hara is about the worst spot to have a realm, at least for trying to have a sizeable military.

Whats the point of being allies if you are only going to help out when your ally is losing? Thats like the worst defense pact I can ever think of. You get in help your ally when they are strong give 110% and then when your enemy is beaten to a pulp you get them to beg you for peace. D'hara and Terran have a very contrived view of peace and war, and it seems to have plenty of dainty little rules that have no bearing on actual warfare or reality. Communication is #1 and giving 110% to the death, balls to the wall defense to your allies is #2 in any conflict no matter how bad it gets you fight fight fight fight. And this is the one of the main reasons why Terran fell.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #605: April 01, 2013, 03:12:44 AM »
If I say I agree with him, will you say you love me, too?

It ain't that easy, honey.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #606: April 01, 2013, 03:36:03 AM »
And this is the one of the main reasons why Terran fell.
Thats bull!@#$. The other stuff is things I could perhaps debate but I am tired of it.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #607: April 01, 2013, 03:38:29 AM »
I have to ask, what -is- the purpose of the Zuma? They're too powerful to provide meaningful conflict -- if you manage to hit a nerve, you might as well keel over and accept whatever demands the Zuma might ask for and save yourself the trouble of trying to fight against them. Meaningful conflict means that the two sides in the aforementioned conflict have a chance at winning; this is not true for the Zuma. So, what exactly does the Zuma add to the game, aside from being a win button?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #608: April 01, 2013, 03:39:51 AM »
Their purpose is to drive people nuts wondering what their purpose is.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #609: April 01, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »
If its all dead-on please give me examples, with character names on who is doing it. Also Lorgan to your 2, Terran did not declare war, Phantaria did with permission from Haktoo because Haktoo was too busy to hand over the region herself.

I'm not going to go into specifics, but Allison knows what is going on and why.  Further she knows who is behind it all.  (Not Allison) 

Now, if you really want to know IC what is going on, Allison is the foremost Zuma "expert" on Dwilight.  Hire her for some advice.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610: April 01, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #611: April 01, 2013, 03:47:46 AM »
I'm not going to go into specifics, but Allison knows what is going on and why.  Further she knows who is behind it all.  (Not Allison) 

Now, if you really want to know IC what is going on, Allison is the foremost Zuma "expert" on Dwilight.  Hire her for some advice.

Ok if you must... Its me behind it all...  8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #612: April 01, 2013, 03:53:53 AM »
I didn't declare war on the Zuma - you are perhaps thinking of Phantaria, which did so only as a game mechanic to let them TO a region. Kale 'got permission' to declare war. Gamey but not much else he could do. This is quite a ways South of there.

So realm A convinces GM realm to attack realm B, realm B collapses and realm C tries to get started afterwards but is hamstrung by game mechanics, at which point GM realm finally 'arrives' even though the realm they were meant to attack collapsed a week and a half ago?

The reality of the matter is that the least of your blunders was having your RULER do everything in his power to instigate a war with them

Kas was protested out of office for exactly that. Not that the Zuma know, or care, or if that even matters: that would be a reason to attack Terran, not Saffalore.

You are an ant remarking on the affairs of gods.

I guess so. You all enjoy playing with the gods. This ant is going home.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #613: April 01, 2013, 04:05:22 AM »

So realm A convinces GM realm to attack realm B, realm B collapses and realm C tries to get started afterwards but is hamstrung by game mechanics, at which point GM realm finally 'arrives' even though the realm they were meant to attack collapsed a week and a half ago?

Your suppositions here are all wrong.  This is nowhere close to how it all went down.  If you are playing in the Chesney Duchy/Realm you would do well to find out IG what really is going on. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #614: April 01, 2013, 04:12:45 AM »
Kas was protested out of office for exactly that. Not that the Zuma know, or care, or if that even matters: that would be a reason to attack Terran, not Saffalore.

Actually, he was protested out of office because he called Haktoo "the Almighty," which sparked some very vitriolic anti-Zuma sentiment ;)