Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 217987 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #210: December 01, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »
Nah, doesn't concern the less civilized people of Dwilight. ;)

Translation: "We have no friggin' clue..."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: December 01, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »
Translation: "We have no friggin' clue..."

No, translation: I don't speak of things that revolve around GM factions on the forums.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: December 01, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
My bet is still on "We have no idea."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: December 01, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »
Ask people down South IG and you'll find out if your bet is correct or not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: December 01, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »
Except some people are primarily curious OOC and don't really care that much IC.  Elsebeth is mildly intrigued but has never spoken to anyone on that side of the world and isn't sure this is reason to start.  Thomas the player behind Elsebeth, on the other hand, is really dying to know for OOC amusement.

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: December 01, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »
Instant gratification versus delayed gratification?  :o

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: December 01, 2011, 10:12:07 PM »
Except some people are primarily curious OOC and don't really care that much IC.  Elsebeth is mildly intrigued but has never spoken to anyone on that side of the world and isn't sure this is reason to start.  Thomas the player behind Elsebeth, on the other hand, is really dying to know for OOC amusement.

Then write an OOC private letter?

egamma

« Reply #217: December 01, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
Hint: look at the map.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: December 01, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
No, translation: I don't speak of things that revolve around GM factions on the forums.

Pity, since it is a big difference for Dwilight, one that if expounded on further OOC may encourage people that don't have a character on the island to consider playing there, you know people that have little or no IC way to get the info, people whom could add to the nobles under the Moot.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: December 01, 2011, 11:00:12 PM »
Pity, since it is a big difference for Dwilight, one that if expounded on further OOC may encourage people that don't have a character on the island to consider playing there, you know people that have little or no IC way to get the info, people whom could add to the nobles under the Moot.

I don't buy this. I don't see how knowing what motivated the Zuma would increase attrativity in a significant way compared to just knowing they are acting up. If you know everything that happens, then you don't have any reason to go find out anymore.

As for those already on Dwi, many chose to live far, far away from the Zuma. If they want to know more, they could always just move and settle closer.

Edit: and anyone who joins just because of the Zuma is bound to be seriously disappointed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:02:09 PM by Chénier »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: December 01, 2011, 11:35:55 PM »
Edit: and anyone who joins just because of the Zuma is bound to be seriously disappointed.

This.

The Zuma alternate between phenomenal irrelevancy and boringness, and annoyingly  Invasion-esque superpoweredness and incomprehensibility, on a continent where that kind of play doesn't make sense.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: December 01, 2011, 11:38:55 PM »
This.

The Zuma alternate between phenomenal irrelevancy and boringness, and annoyingly  Invasion-esque superpoweredness and incomprehensibility, on a continent where that kind of play doesn't make sense.

Most certainly true, but then Terran and Barca have good track records of maintaining players, so IF you can get them by means of the Zuma, I'm sure you can overcome their disappointment and retain them. After all once they arrive won't they instantly become aware of just how awesome your realms are and finally realise just what BM fun they have been missing?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: December 02, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
Most certainly true, but then Terran and Barca have good track records of maintaining players, so IF you can get them by means of the Zuma, I'm sure you can overcome their disappointment and retain them. After all once they arrive won't they instantly become aware of just how awesome your realms are and finally realise just what BM fun they have been missing?

Maybe, except the chances of us attracting some kind of daimon-hunting Van Helsing with a Beluaterra-shaped chip on his shoulder is somewhat bigger. And we have a strict "No suicidal !@#$%^&s" policy.

Oh, hi Koli. Didn't see you there.... uhh.... how's... life?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: December 02, 2011, 07:04:02 AM »
Maybe, except the chances of us attracting some kind of daimon-hunting Van Helsing with a Beluaterra-shaped chip on his shoulder is somewhat bigger. And we have a strict "No suicidal !@#$%^&s" policy.

Oh, hi Koli. Didn't see you there.... uhh.... how's... life?

Now, now...Mildly annoying, sure.  !@#$%^& is going a bit far.

Note how I carefully avoid commenting on the "suicidal" part.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: December 02, 2011, 07:16:22 AM »
Now, now...Mildly annoying, sure.  !@#$%^& is going a bit far.

Note how I carefully avoid commenting on the "suicidal" part.

It is only suicidal if your intent is to die :)

Now if you intend to succeed against all odds, that is just ambition.