Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 215534 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #345: December 08, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
As a for instance, Koli is operating off of the completely mistaken belief (unless Tom decides otherwise, which I think is approximately as likely as him making me the God-Emperor of the game in the new pantheon) that tMP's attempts to garner the souls of the dead will provide protection from Daimonic and other magic.

Not to mention that most of the "logic" is pseudo-logic at best.

What a minute... so we're harvesting souls to use against the daimons... are we The Light?  :-X

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: December 08, 2011, 02:46:41 PM »
What a minute... so we're harvesting souls to use against the daimons... are we The Light?  :-X

Nah they were weak. You had to offer your life force to them. We are more of a "we've trapped your soul for our own purposes" type of group. Of course our purposes have only the best of intentions :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #347: December 08, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »
That's assuming the existence of a "soul". And also assuming humans can actually have a concept of what they are, much less have any sort of ability to interact with such concept.

But guys, stop making a fuss about tMP. They're doing good yos. Just sit back and watch them do stuff. No need to prod them.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: December 08, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »

No no.  The Light used up souls as fuel for their weapons.  We ask the honoured spirits of our ancestors to take up residence in temples and shrines to defend us if need be.  It's like the difference between "volunteer" soldiers on the Eastern Front of WWII and the sailors of the US Navy who took up station in beautiful Hawaii to scare off those nasty Japanese.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: December 08, 2011, 10:57:21 PM »
No no.  The Light used up souls as fuel for their weapons.

No, only blood and life energy.

Souls go somewhere else.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #350: December 09, 2011, 12:41:49 AM »
Silly mortals thinking there are actually souls. Dunno why people made a fuss about tMP. They be doing good, let's let them keep doing their thing yo.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: December 09, 2011, 04:11:44 AM »
Silly mortals thinking there are actually souls. Dunno why people made a fuss about tMP. They be doing good, let's let them keep doing their thing yo.

It was born in Luria, how many good things have EVER come out of Luria :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:43:50 AM by De-Legro »

Zakilevo

« Reply #352: December 09, 2011, 04:14:53 AM »
Only blood and life energy? are you serious? Why didn't they just use livestock if they only needed those two things? I mean a cow has much more blood than a person. So much more efficient!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: December 09, 2011, 04:45:29 AM »
Only blood and life energy? are you serious? Why didn't they just use livestock if they only needed those two things? I mean a cow has much more blood than a person. So much more efficient!

One, the demanded it be given willingly, how to you ask a cow to make a sacrifice

Two, who said the blood and life force of a animal is in anyway equivalent to that of a sentient being. You will notice they also asked for NOBLE blood, and not that of the herds of unwashed peasants.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: December 09, 2011, 04:50:39 AM »
One, the demanded it be given willingly, how to you ask a cow to make a sacrifice

Two, who said the blood and life force of a animal is in anyway equivalent to that of a sentient being. You will notice they also asked for NOBLE blood, and not that of the herds of unwashed peasants.

They did accept adventurer blood, make of that what you will.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #355: December 09, 2011, 05:42:07 AM »

Because the Blood Cult teaches that to be a lesser gift than human blood. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #356: December 09, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »
They did accept adventurer blood, make of that what you will.

Adventurer != animal

Adventurer != non-sentient

Adventurer = Possesses free will

Y'all do know that even though in reality commoners were sometimes treated as crap, no one respectable (And nobles would like to think of themselves as that) actually believed that commoners were not human, nor that they could not think for themselves. It was often frowned upon for them to make too many independent choices, but no one denied that they could. Some...most...believed they shouldn't. Those are two entirely different things.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: December 09, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
Adventurer != animal

Adventurer != non-sentient

Adventurer = Possesses free will

Y'all do know that even though in reality commoners were sometimes treated as crap, no one respectable (And nobles would like to think of themselves as that) actually believed that commoners were not human, nor that they could not think for themselves. It was often frowned upon for them to make too many independent choices, but no one denied that they could. Some...most...believed they shouldn't. Those are two entirely different things.

Sure but it was also common knowledge that part of noble superiority lay in the blood. Which is what we were getting at, not that peasants were considered animals.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #358: December 09, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
And what I think Anaris (Who was the Light controller, btw) might have hinted at when channeling the personae of the Light was that human blood is human blood, and the Light, the strength of faith or whatever, cares not for arbitrary human distinctions.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #359: December 09, 2011, 02:37:17 PM »
And what I think Anaris (Who was the Light controller, btw) might have hinted at when channeling the personae of the Light was that human blood is human blood, and the Light, the strength of faith or whatever, cares not for arbitrary human distinctions.

Then we really should have herded up the peasant population, got our priest to whip them up into a religious frenzy and spilt enough blood to bring down an orbital blast to destroy every abomination on the continent. Pity the light never gave us that option huh.