Author Topic: Aurvandil's War Machine  (Read 83540 times)

Kinsey

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Aurvandil's War Machine
« Reply #120: February 08, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
Because I'm fairly certain that if we said a single thing it would be instantly leaped upon that we're only saying something because we're losing. :p

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: February 08, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
Jeez, you're not the brightest spark, are you? They'd distracted themselves and forgot all about your realm's possible cheating. Now you've reminded them.

That... is kind of a harsh thing to say. Poor taste, IMHO.

Because I'm fairly certain that if we said a single thing it would be instantly leaped upon that we're only saying something because we're losing. :p

A fair concern.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: February 08, 2012, 05:45:29 PM »
Tongue in cheek statements escape you, apparently.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: February 08, 2012, 06:05:21 PM »
I don't think they are cheating, but either way it's my understanding that the right people are checking, just to be sure.

What I do think is that they're absurdly well organized for a Battlemaster realm. What they've done takes discipline that most realms lack.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: February 08, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
If most of their members are in a OOC clan. Then I see it as a type of cheating because it gives them a unfair advantage over the rest of the players in the game. I personally believe that their has to be some OOC character connection with some of these players in Aurvandil's not saying everyone but some. People play this game from all over the world and you want me to honesty believe that one realm just some how happened to gather all the active members that get on and move their characters at the same time. In a game like battlemaster this type of efficiency is just to really possible without some form of clanning or OOC orders.   

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: February 08, 2012, 06:37:21 PM »
Remember that "clans" playing BattleMaster, and playing it together in the same realm, is not illegal. So long as they follow the rules and the social contract, and are not exclusionary toward other players, then they are allowed to play, and to play together as a group.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: February 08, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »
Remember that "clans" playing BattleMaster, and playing it together in the same realm, is not illegal. So long as they follow the rules and the social contract, and are not exclusionary toward other players, then they are allowed to play, and to play together as a group.

So you are saying if I asked them if I could join their clan they have to let me in or they are breaking the rules and thus cheating?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: February 08, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
No. We do not, and cannot, try to regulate what people do outside the game. We are concerned with behavior inside the game, and the treatment and acceptance of all of the players inside the game, regardless of their OOG associations.

If you ask to be a lord in Keplerstan, and the ruler of Keplerstan tells you "No, we only give out lordships to people in our 'l33t g4mezorz' clan", then that is exclusionary, and against the social contract.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 08, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
No. We do not, and cannot, try to regulate what people do outside the game. We are concerned with behavior inside the game, and the treatment and acceptance of all of the players inside the game, regardless of their OOG associations.

If you ask to be a lord in Keplerstan, and the ruler of Keplerstan tells you "No, we only give out lordships to people in our 'l33t g4mezorz' clan", then that is exclusionary, and against the social contract.

Though, of course, the exact details on "where the line is" would have to be a Magistrates case.

Actually, that would, IMHO, be a really good case for the Magistrates.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: February 08, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »
Yes, it would. If someone had evidence that this is what was going on.

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: February 08, 2012, 08:44:50 PM »

That leaves lots of room for people to still exclude players from positions and  only give to clan members by making up excuses on why those nobles deserved those positions. I believe OOC clans in any shape or form in unfair play. You have a large group of friends that can coordinate outside of battlemaster and be much more efficient then normal players in the game.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 08, 2012, 08:47:02 PM »
You can also monitor their family gold.

That doesn't work if you are pulling it out as fast as you are putting it in.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: February 08, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
Uh, no?

The feature is there, you can't stop them and I won't add any features that make it harder, impossible or provide monitoring.

But I don't think I ever said it's a right or anything.

I think, it was a statement about how a noble spends their gold with regards to the gold belonging to the noble and not the realm. Also banning people without proof leads to lots of complaining and people feeling they are treated unfairly.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: February 08, 2012, 09:51:06 PM »

That leaves lots of room for people to still exclude players from positions and  only give to clan members by making up excuses on why those nobles deserved those positions. I believe OOC clans in any shape or form in unfair play. You have a large group of friends that can coordinate outside of battlemaster and be much more efficient then normal players in the game.

Might as well take off the IRC then... after all it can help some people do just that. Then there is IM services like MSN and Yahoo Messenger (anyone actually still use that?) or Skype or Ventrilo.... not to mention email, phone, text, physically talking....
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: February 08, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Might as well take off the IRC then... after all it can help some people do just that. Then there is IM services like MSN and Yahoo Messenger (anyone actually still use that?) or Skype or Ventrilo.... not to mention email, phone, text, physically talking....

And if anyone has any evidence that communication on those forums is meaningful influencing the IC game experience, without there being reasonable IC corollaries, to the detriment of other players, they should bring it up before the Magistrates.

Or this forum, for that matter, would be included in that.