Author Topic: Reworking Family Gold  (Read 24160 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Family Gold
« Reply #30: March 05, 2012, 11:16:36 PM »
No, that just IS weird.

My theory:

After Hireshmont gave himself to the Light, he was teleported to Volcano Nightscree, and set up a family home in Dragon's Roost.

Moving my family home to Zumaland is one of my main motivations for visiting Haktoo every so often. Because I just think it's too damn funny to mention visiting Aunt Bessie in Nightmarch (not that I do that in any serious RPs; I really just have it for some OOC kicks and giggles).
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 05, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
My theory:

After Hireshmont gave himself to the Light, he was teleported to Volcano Nightscree, and set up a family home in Dragon's Roost.

Moving my family home to Zumaland is one of my main motivations for visiting Haktoo every so often. Because I just think it's too damn funny to mention visiting Aunt Bessie in Nightmarch (not that I do that in any serious RPs; I really just have it for some OOC kicks and giggles).

In other words, using in game mechanics to attempt to annoy the GM OOC.

Sure the mechanics don't PREVENT you from setting up a family mansion in NPC regions. Largely I think because we don't have a way to handle family homes in regions that NPC's might claim. But given the known RP about how the Zuma lands are set up, do you really think it is RP appropriate? You've already said yourself you don't use it for serious in game RP.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:32:46 PM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #32: March 05, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »

Sure the mechanics don't PREVENT you from setting up a family mansion in NPC regions. Largely I think because we don't have a way to handle family homes in regions that NPC's might claim. But given the known RP about how the Zuma lands are set up, do you really think it is RP appropriate? You've already said yourself you don't use it for serious in game RP.

LOL. Don't need to be serious all the time.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 05, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »
LOL. Don't need to be serious all the time.

Considering that Vellos is one of the first to complain that SMA is being lost on the island?

Zakilevo

« Reply #34: March 06, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Considering that Vellos is one of the first to complain that SMA is being lost on the island?
That is ironic then.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 06, 2012, 12:14:42 AM »
That is ironic then.

No, it could be hypocritical. It most certainly isn't Ironic

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 06, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »
I dont see how it is hypocritical due to the fact you find it un SMA that he has his house in Zuma lands considering the fact that Zuma are unSMA so you are complaining about him having his house in an unSMA area so he is a hypocrit now. "Hey bro!" is unSMA but your choice of where to have the family house is not. Maybe you want them  to find everything about the Zuma you can and so does the rest the family. Disregarding the fact of the Zuma being unSMA there is nothing unSMA about it. Your family might live in the Lurias if you family was on a mission to find out about the Lurian people.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 06, 2012, 01:20:10 AM »
...considering the fact that Zuma are unSMA
Disregarding the fact of the Zuma being unSMA...

The Zuma are not un-SMA. Please refresh yourself on what SMA actually means: it is how your characters are supposed to be and act.

Monsters and undead were not things that appeared in the actual historical medieval period, either, but our characters are expected to deal with them in the manner that medieval nobles would have if they had, in fact, appeared and been a common (if unwelcome) part of life.

Zuma and Daimons are exactly the same.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 06, 2012, 01:37:52 AM »
True and if are family are ok with being in rogue regions that are being over run by monsters I see no reason that its unSMA to have them in Zuma lands. (I say Zuma not Daimon because the Zuma are much less hostile then the Daimons on Beluaterra thus making it more reasonable to be living there to investigate.)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: March 06, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »

You really haven't moved on have you?

And I don't see how me having a family home in Dragon's Roost can be construed as an attempt to annoy the GM. It's been there for months, and I've never once sent a non-joking RP about it. I already said why I have it there:

(not that I do that in any serious RPs; I really just have it for some OOC kicks and giggles).

I enjoy collecting weird titles. As it would happen, I also enjoy having weird family homes. If I could have had my family home in a blighted region, I would have. I suppose if I really, really wanted to start a war with the Zuma, I could use the family home features: I've never used them before, so I don't know what they're like. Lighten up a little and don't get your panties in a bunch; I'm not out hunting for ways to harass the GM.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: March 06, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
True and if are family are ok with being in rogue regions that are being over run by monsters I see no reason that its unSMA to have them in Zuma lands. (I say Zuma not Daimon because the Zuma are much less hostile then the Daimons on Beluaterra thus making it more reasonable to be living there to investigate.)

It would be possible for an estate to exist. The Masters MIGHT grant permission for a noble to set up an estate. It is far LESS likely that they would allow Zuma to serve on that estate, but it might be possible so long as it doesn't interfere with their duties to the master.

The problem I have is none of this was RP'd it was just a player using the game mechanics for in his own words

(not that I do that in any serious RPs; I really just have it for some OOC kicks and giggles).

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: March 06, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »
It would be possible for an estate to exist. The Masters MIGHT grant permission for a noble to set up an estate. It is far LESS likely that they would allow Zuma to serve on that estate, but it might be possible so long as it doesn't interfere with their duties to the master.

The problem I have is none of this was RP'd it was just a player using the game mechanics for in his own words

*facepalm*

And where have I said that I'm actually RPing that the family has Zuma serfs? Where have I said that my characters actually few Dragon's Roost as their ancestral estate?

Seriously, it's called a joke. I saw the option and clicked it. I enjoy having it there because, OOCly, I find it very funny, and because family home locations barely matter at all.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 06, 2012, 02:35:54 AM »
No, I love thinking that Old Uncle Vellos is sitting up in Dragon's Roost on the family estate, lording it over some Zuma tribespeople.

Right about here.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: March 06, 2012, 03:13:36 AM »
Right about here.

Hence why I emphasized "actually."

At what point did you have reason to believe there is actually an "Old Uncle Vellos"?

From the tone of my first comment onwards, I was clearly being facetious. "Old Uncle Vellos" also hardly reads as a Very Serious Comment. Especially given that my next comment referenced mysterious resurrection and teleportation of a character who, in fact, would not be referred to as "Uncle" but as "Father." Further indicating this was not a logical argument, but obviously a joke. I then clearly indicate the joke, and invent an "Aunt Bessie." Did you honestly believe I was saying that I RP having an Aunt Bessie? lol, really? That seems... I'm not gonna lie, I have a hard time seeing your perspective on this one.

Charles

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: March 06, 2012, 04:12:27 AM »
I think it is a funny joke, and I hope the GM sees it as a funny joke as well.  It does feel like we have gotten a bit off topic.