Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 176060 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #465: August 09, 2011, 02:27:16 AM »
If we leave as a group I imagine that most of will simply be happy to far from the centre of SA.

For now...muhahhahha...muhahah...muhahhhahhahha

Ps: Is it like a serious OOG hatred for you guys or is it mainly IG? I can't tell the difference, meaning everyone in Caerwyn is either the best roleplayers or they actually hate SA for real.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:29:06 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: August 09, 2011, 04:34:05 AM »

Ps: Is it like a serious OOG hatred for you guys or is it mainly IG? I can't tell the difference, meaning everyone in Caerwyn is either the best roleplayers or they actually hate SA for real.

Well I can only speak for myself when I say it is entirely IG. For the everyone else? I dunno you'd have to ask them.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: August 09, 2011, 04:57:17 AM »

Well, we do make great enemies. If you're looking for an epic project, taking down SA isn't a bad objective. I think some players do genuinely dislike SA for various reasons (we are not completely innocent, after all), but many may view it as more of a challenge.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: August 09, 2011, 06:59:46 AM »
Turn Asylon into a theocracy that worships the Bloodmoon  :-X

Oops, I just spilled your big plan, didn't I? :-[
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: August 09, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Well, we do make great enemies. If you're looking for an epic project, taking down SA isn't a bad objective. I think some players do genuinely dislike SA for various reasons (we are not completely innocent, after all), but many may view it as more of a challenge.

I go out of my way to make sure people hate Allison.  I learned long ago that enemies tend to make Battlemaster more fun than friends do.  So my goal is to make as many enemies as possible.  Most people seem to have a predisposed negative opinion of her.  That tells me that I am doing a good job. 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: August 09, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »

I go out of my way to make sure people hate Allison.  I learned long ago that enemies tend to make Battlemaster more fun than friends do.  So my goal is to make as many enemies as possible.  Most people seem to have a predisposed negative opinion of her.  That tells me that I am doing a good job.

Amen.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #471: August 09, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »

Yet, somehow, she has gained a large following of nobles.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: August 09, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
Pure Charisma, baby. She's got it. Also, she distinguishes between allies (to betray at a later date when they are no longer convenient) and tools (which she tends to keep and use effectively). Which do you think you are?  ;D

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #473: August 09, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
Pure Charisma, baby. She's got it. Also, she distinguishes between allies (to betray at a later date when they are no longer convenient) and tools (which she tends to keep and use effectively). Which do you think you are?  ;D

My character is Kabrinsky's Wolf, in his mind her right hand.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: August 10, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »
Allison Kabrinski is the best way for a noble with grand plans to get chaos done... As the man behind the curtain pulling the strings, I am pleased with her work.  ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: August 11, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »
Amen.

Having lots of people hate you is overrated.

I prefer just hating everyone and crushing their naive little asses as they wonder why.  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: August 11, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »
OOC: I do not hate SA, it is merely a flavor, a part of the game environment to make the game more interesting.   It is one of the tools of the writers we all are, just as swords, our Scribes, Monsters/Undead, and even the Daemons.  It is part of the overall character of Dwilight we all use to add that little extra to our writings and plots. 

IC:, my character views it as something that is seeping forever into the hearts of good men to turn them into puppets.  Wherever it goes, destruction soon follows. 

Overall, I am quite happy with the drama it has caused to make the game interesting.  Where would we be without it, we would be trying to find things to battle to keep the "Too Much Peace" effects from destroying us.  Dwilight would be boring.  It would be very uninteresting without it. 

To be honest, I was sure many of the manipulations used against me were fabricated but ICly I had no reason to believe it so I had to go with what my character would know and separate it from what I did know.  It is really hard to not act on what the player would know when it could unravel everything.  I hope I did it well enough.

Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: August 11, 2011, 08:24:19 AM »
That's extremely respectable.  :)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: August 12, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
You did start a fun war. I'm a bit sorry it fell apart just when it was starting to get good.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Beldragos

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #479: August 12, 2011, 07:45:32 AM »
There were a lot of things that went wrong. 

We had a general quit and join the clergy (Brackern), a general go absent (Kanai) and had to wait for the game to drop him, that hurt alot (There should be a way to remove someone from a position if the player goes AWOL.  We had the next general (Amandil) alienate the troops with his demands.  Famine and Monster/Undead are really what did us in, it caused all the militia to drop from the capital, over ten thousand CS gone overnight.  The splitting of the Realm did no favors either.  Of course, with three large realms plus allies against us the only thing we had going for us was the distance. 

I really hoped for something epic that would be worth telling to other people to draw them into the game as new potential players.  Instead it fell flat.

I wish to tell everyone there is no hard feelings, this is just a game and I am completely aware of this. 
Beldragos Family:  Baal Zephon (Madina), Morganna - Adv (Madina), Atrox - Adv (Assassins), Galvenor (Retired), Mephista (Lukon), Luci (Sirion)