Author Topic: The Crusade against SA  (Read 174620 times)

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
Re: The Crusade against SA
« Reply #540: August 30, 2011, 05:28:01 AM »
I think they are making it pretty clear that they think whether or not you look the other way is pretty irrelevant to them :)

From an IC perspective, Graviel pretty much thinks Barca's stance is like a medieval version of the UN. He has received an angry letter from them, telling them how angry they are! That's about it though.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #541: August 30, 2011, 05:45:15 AM »

From an IC perspective, Graviel pretty much thinks Barca's stance is like a medieval version of the UN. He has received an angry letter from them, telling them how angry they are! That's about it though.

Not... An Angry Letter! *gasp*

Seriously, I laughed out loud when I read this, mostly because it's so true...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: August 30, 2011, 08:05:17 AM »
I made it pretty clear that I wouldn't look the other way when a group of foreign refugees dictates the course of a civil war.

The civil war it's self was the result of foreign nobles... :P
There three Madinans in Aurvendil.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #543: August 30, 2011, 10:33:13 AM »
I think they are making it pretty clear that they think whether or not you look the other way is pretty irrelevant to them :)
Yes, in the end there isn't much what I can do.

The civil war it's self was the result of foreign nobles... :P
There three Madinans in Aurvendil.
I get so tired of hearing this..  :o
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: August 30, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »
Yes, in the end there isn't much what I can do.
I get so tired of hearing this..  :o

Apparently you forgot ;)

Because with that knowledge it doesn't make sense to say: "hey those cearwynians can't join Madina or Aurvendil because there should be no foreign influence in there civil war."

Offcourse, its more then logical that especially Barca will do all it can to keep things as they are.
Just the thought of a unified South with a strong foothold on 'your' Marocidens will give any Barcan the creeps.
Forcing peace will result in a very very divided south, keeping the conflict alive outside the battlefield, weakening both parties.
Also good for trade.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #545: August 30, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »
Yes Libero rebels joined Madina and planned this whole succession from the start. Fool someone else with that.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: August 30, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Yes Libero rebels joined Madina and planned this whole succession from the start. Fool someone else with that.

I do not know how much they planned, but if you look at there family histories you see they started playing and went almost straight for a rebellion in Libero, then they came to Madina and claimed the candiels duchy which they shortly after succeeded.
The role of Florence is vague here, who apointed all of them to all the lord positions in the duchy just before they succeeded

I think they came to Madina with only goal in mind: take it over.
The reason they must be an OOC group is because they sticked together as a group from the beginning they started in Libero and seen no roleplays or messages in Madinan stating there characters friendship or any thing like it.
As a player they justw ant a realm for there own, not to have fun and play the game, no they have an OOC goal for there entire IC motivation.

Why do you have to put on an attitude about this, you don't even have a character in Aurvendil or Madina?
How would you know better then me for example, who has been with it from the start?

And again, i am actually happy with an enemy like Aurvendil, like most other players in Madina.
As i said before, i'd advise anyone to join either realm, Madina or Aurvendil, just because the war is intense and fun.

Still OOC groups like this could seriously harm this game.
Fortunatly, the problem seems to solve it's self(no active diplomacy very anti social)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: August 30, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »

I just find it humorous that Barca is making threats that require military force without even notifying the people who would actually be enforcing them: Terran and D'Hara. I mean, I like seeing a more independent Barca, but it is funny to me to see them all pumped up and feeling powerful.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #548: August 30, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
In every other thread SA hijacks the thread. I fear that Barca has hijacked our own thread in revenge...

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #549: August 30, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
I just find it humorous that Barca is making threats that require military force without even notifying the people who would actually be enforcing them: Terran and D'Hara. I mean, I like seeing a more independent Barca, but it is funny to me to see them all pumped up and feeling powerful.
If you read the letters, the only real threats made by me is when there was a possible violation of Barca's claims. In that cause, I know I have the support of my allies. And that aside, Vigilans and Marche received all those letters as well.

I do not know how much they planned, but if you look at there family histories you see they started playing and went almost straight for a rebellion in Libero, then they came to Madina and claimed the candiels duchy which they shortly after succeeded.
The role of Florence is vague here, who apointed all of them to all the lord positions in the duchy just before they succeeded

I think they came to Madina with only goal in mind: take it over.
The reason they must be an OOC group is because they sticked together as a group from the beginning they started in Libero and seen no roleplays or messages in Madinan stating there characters friendship or any thing like it.
As a player they justw ant a realm for there own, not to have fun and play the game, no they have an OOC goal for there entire IC motivation.

Why do you have to put on an attitude about this, you don't even have a character in Aurvendil or Madina?
How would you know better then me for example, who has been with it from the start?

And again, i am actually happy with an enemy like Aurvendil, like most other players in Madina.
As i said before, i'd advise anyone to join either realm, Madina or Aurvendil, just because the war is intense and fun.

Still OOC groups like this could seriously harm this game.
Fortunatly, the problem seems to solve it's self(no active diplomacy very anti social)
You can not prove this. I also have one RLF in game. We play together in Ibladesh, and on occasion we have helped each other in the past. But I have played battlemaster for more than 4 years now, and I know a lot of families who I do enjoy playing with and other families who I rather avoid. And it could be perfectly possible that the group does not even have a ooc relationship.
However, if what you say is true, Florence was still chosen by the majority of Madina to rule as Grand Dogess.

I am sorry if my attitude seems hostile or anything. It is not my intention. However I do want to state that you make some serious accusations.

In every other thread SA hijacks the thread. I fear that Barca has hijacked our own thread in revenge...
LOL

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: August 30, 2011, 10:39:49 PM »
In other news there are only 600 peasants left in Golden Farrow.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: August 31, 2011, 12:13:17 AM »
Asylon gained the most of that war. Astrum and the new realm 2nd and 3rd respectively.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: August 31, 2011, 12:48:02 AM »
However, if what you say is true, Florence was still chosen by the majority of Madina to rule as Grand Dogess.

I am sorry if my attitude seems hostile or anything. It is not my intention. However I do want to state that you make some serious accusations.

She was also banned by a unanimous vote, despite her claim to be "the rightful dogess" (which is fun, because it's an elected position no individual has claim to be the rightful Doge).

And yes, we are quite aware of the seriousness.   However there are quite a few questionable things which, while not being proof do not sit well with the players from Madina.

1)  The entire first wave of "rebels" were the very same ones who were from the Libero Rebellion - in a private group of Lords we had already expressed concern about their IG behaviours being OOCly tied prior to the Rebellion.
2)  Almost all the families that joined initially have some tie to the original group - Florence and Mendicant's players share Realms with other characters, etc.    Why else appoint a player who had been in the Realm less than 3 months to a Dukeship when we had plenty of other nobles who had far more time in the Realm and were much more endorsed by the council?   

Regardless, we know there is not enough evidence, so the matter is really kind of moot.   We've basically dropped it in game.   Though their endless supply of gold is really starting to irritate me :D
We'll simply pound them into the ground and take back Candiels in retribution :) 

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: August 31, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »
Asylon gained the most of that war. Astrum and the new realm 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Asylon hasn't really gained a lot.  You got Via and a could of rural regions.  Most of the regions that joined you will be turned over to the new realm in due time.  :P 

Getting Via and rural regions essentially for free was a big win for Asylon.  What are they going to do with their new found friends?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: August 31, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
Getting Via and rural regions essentially for free was a big win for Asylon.
Yep. Asylon definitely came out ahead, all for the price of doing nothing at all except betraying a treaty Caerwyn couldn't enforce. :) Seriously, I'm shocked that the Caerwyn people joined Asylon, after the stunt Asylon pulled with Via.

What are they going to do with their new found friends?
Attack Itaulond?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.