Author Topic: Police catching unitless enemies  (Read 12868 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Police catching unitless enemies
« Topic Start: March 28, 2012, 06:12:41 AM »
When your unit does police work is it possible for it to arrest enemies that are without a unit in the region?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Police catching unitless enemies
« Reply #1: March 28, 2012, 08:21:11 AM »
If they are priests or adventurers, yes. If they are infiltrators they have a chance to get caught everythime they do something dodgy. If your police unit does police work - patrol the streets you increase the chance for this to happen.

All characters without an unit in enemy lands has a chance of being captured every turn. I think the exception is ambassadors that are supposed to have Diplomatic Immunity, but it was talk about changing this as they were used as spies without the possibility for the defending realm to do anything. I'm not sure if it was really done though.

I'm also not sure whether priests have any chance of being autocaptured.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 28, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »
Thank you for your info.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 28, 2012, 10:45:28 AM »
Ambassadors can be caught if they don't have a unit.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 28, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »
Priests can't be autocaptured, they have to be targetted.

Advies can be arrested by anyone with units, not just police units.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 28, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
To be clear:

1) nobles in enemy territory (at War with the region's owner) who have no unit or only wounded soldiers can be captured automatically at turn change by the game, no player involvement required. The "only wounded soldiers" part is a bit unclear. I've had it happen to me when I only had a couple men, all wounded. So far as I know, doing police work or having police forces in the region has no effect at all on the chance to be captured. Infiltrators have a reduced chance of being arrested this way.

2) priests are *not* subject to automatic capture at turn change, nor are adventurers.

2a) adventurers can be arrested by any noble with a unit. (Have to be in your own realm, maybe?)

2b) priests can be arrested by a noble with a police unit only if they are members of the same realm as the arresting noble, or are at war with the arresting noble. In addition, they must be in a region owned by the arresting noble's realm, or in a regon under a TO.

3) infiltrators can be arrested any time they do an illegal action. They will be put in the prison of the realm against which they comitted a crime. Using the police option of "Patrol the streets" will increase the chances of the infil getting caught.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 28, 2012, 05:22:14 PM »
4) diplomats/ambassadors have no special exemptions. They are treated like any other noble.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: March 28, 2012, 06:32:24 PM »
2a) adventurers can be arrested by any noble with a unit. (Have to be in your own realm, maybe?)

Not true, you can be outside your realm. I've done it before in Arcachon as a member of Arcaea

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 28, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »

Not true, you can be outside your realm. I've done it before in Arcachon as a member of Arcaea

Indeed. We've went to kidnap foreign advies in the past.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #9: March 28, 2012, 11:33:52 PM »
4) diplomats/ambassadors have no special exemptions. They are treated like any other noble.

True, but there was an idea in the whole "new treaty" system where they would have immunity, and you would have to sign an "expel diplomats from Evilstan" treaty against a realm in order for the auto-capture to start working. It was just never implemented.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 04, 2012, 04:52:14 AM »
True, but there was an idea in the whole "new treaty" system where they would have immunity, and you would have to sign an "expel diplomats from Evilstan" treaty against a realm in order for the auto-capture to start working. It was just never implemented.
No wonder Ambassador Gellin from Giblot got captured by Oritolon realm when he come to their lands, although Giblot and Oritolon does not have "expel diplomats from Evilstan" treaty at all. This does not even require normal policework on Colonies island. As soon as other Ambassador that your realm at War status with step into your realm land, he is captured by "patrol"  ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 04, 2012, 06:22:04 AM »
No wonder Ambassador Gellin from Giblot got captured by Oritolon realm when he come to their lands, although Giblot and Oritolon does not have "expel diplomats from Evilstan" treaty at all. This does not even require normal policework on Colonies island. As soon as other Ambassador that your realm at War status with step into your realm land, he is captured by "patrol"  ::)

Not quite true. As soon as he enters the lands he has a CHANCE of being captured. Remember that treaties do nothing right now as well.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 06, 2012, 04:18:02 AM »
Not quite true. As soon as he enters the lands he has a CHANCE of being captured. Remember that treaties do nothing right now as well.
Thank you for reminding my Ambassador character not to travel to visit other realm whose at war with his realm then :D
This mean all the Treaties I have been spending times working on, are all useless and do not apply any game mechanism at all? ???

Out of curiosity, do rogue regions and even monsters/undead can capture your Ambassador who meet up with other realm Ambassador on neutral region(rogue region)?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 06, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »
I don't think rogue regions can, but rogue units certainly can.

egamma

« Reply #14: April 06, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
I don't think rogue regions can, but rogue units certainly can.

IF they defeat him in battle. I don't think a unitless ambassador can be captured by rogues--it's not like they are policing the region.