Author Topic: If this is a joke...  (Read 29785 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: If this is a joke...
« Reply #60: April 01, 2012, 07:02:26 PM »
I actually have been paying attention. When I started this post I mentioned that the daimons threatened to invade the other continents months ago.

They also claimed they wouldn't do so until they'd destroyed Beluterra, which suggests they're not ready to launch all out assaults on the other continents yet.

Or the conquest of BT has been completed and we just don't know it yet. :)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 01, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
Or the conquest of BT has been completed and we just don't know it yet. :)

Nope, I have a chary there, still standing.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #62: April 01, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
BattleMaster Forum » Netherworld Slave Islands » BM General Discussion

Hah.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 01, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »
c) If it does not, and you came up with IC explanations for its appearance, can you not also come up with IC explanations for its disappearance?
Overblown reports from superstitious peasants.

Done.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: April 01, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
They just all of a sudden all started to report mass daimon invasions, and portals, and fabricated scout reports, and fabricated a letter from 6th son, all on a whim, on every single continent, all over said continents. Yeah, that's a great explanation.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 01, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »
Also I don't like this because its also a disappointment. The past jokes were all claims of some horrible new change that were supposed to make us angry, then we realize what day it is and are relieved and laugh (The items shop last year was great I bought it completely).

This is the opposite, it's an awesome development that a bunch of people are now begging Tom to make real, and now if it turns out to be totally fake we'll be disappointed.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #66: April 01, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »

(x) you are overthinking this

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 01, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
Well then, either its an invasion or it isn't. Everyone wants to declare temporary cease-fires to fight the daimons, which is great, if they actually come. I'm peeved because it is ambiguous - either it is a great invasion that's going to define everyone's gameplay for the foreseeable future, or it's a joke on us and our characters. Not knowing which makes it frustrating.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
firefox

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: April 01, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
Well then, either its an invasion or it isn't. Everyone wants to declare temporary cease-fires to fight the daimons, which is great, if they actually come. I'm peeved because it is ambiguous - either it is a great invasion that's going to define everyone's gameplay for the foreseeable future, or it's a joke on us and our characters. Not knowing which makes it frustrating.

Weaklings/good guys. You should exploit the situation to get rid of your enemies rather then make peace ;)

Chaotrance13

« Reply #70: April 01, 2012, 10:39:45 PM »
I reckon this should be locked now. Tom's confirmed it was an April Fools in the Announcements forum, and he's had a few things to say about the conduct of people regarding it too.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: April 01, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
Since Tom's confirmed that the possibility of Daimons invading other continents is not off the table, I for one would like to treat this in character as more then just a hoax or random rumors. Maybe it could be an early attempt by the daimons to establish a new portal system.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: April 01, 2012, 11:40:46 PM »
Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to put that into the announcement and forgot.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: April 01, 2012, 11:59:08 PM »
Take a deep breath... and enjoy!

Portals seem to have opened in several places but they closed in a day. Perhaps the Daimons didn't have the power to sustain them all at once, perhaps someone managed to defeat them, perhaps it was just an intimidation act, perhaps it is something entirely different. The point is: our characters don't know why it happened, just that it did, and are possibly very scared about it. For all they know they may return at any moment, or this could have been a hoax, or whatever. There are many ways to play it out, and not finding a rational explanation? Yep, it's one of them.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: April 02, 2012, 01:13:23 AM »
I respectfully disagree Tom. Some players are from eastern cultures and do not even know what April Fools is. It's not fair to prank people when they have no clue that April 1st is "special".
------
qui audet vincit