Author Topic: Seeking Active Players interested in Military Dominance  (Read 34232 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You haven't seen what people in realms CE has destroyed say about CE—or what CE, in turn, says about them? People have tribe mentalities.

We assume of others what we know to be true of ourselves. ;) Are you sure you're not just projecting?

I have not seen any CE players OOCly trash-talking about players from the northern realms or Carelia. I did rant about the anti-CE propaganda that was smeared all over the forums, and was assured by people that they bore no actual OOC hatred for an entity that, err, only exists in a game, that they were just teasing. Which makes sense. I feel rather silly about ranting now. (http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1945.0.html)

I'm not exactly drowning in hate mail either.

I would like to think that the vast majority of players still think of this game as "board game night at Tom's place."
------
qui audet vincit

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Join a dying religion (that's a very, very thinly veiled BM version of Judaism, if I read right), whose sole claim to fame is that its last remaining priest was dumb enough to auto-da-fe the Judge?

Yeah, that sounds like loads of fun :P

*Ahem* We have THREE Priests total thank you very much. I don't think we are "dying" by any means. Small? Sure, but far from dead. "Dumb enough," I don't know, it's been almost a month and he's gotten off scotch-free so far and has minority support in the realm. Just cause your character doesn't like him doesn't mean everything he does it stupid or won't work out.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
*Ahem* We have THREE Priests total thank you very much. I don't think we are "dying" by any means. Small? Sure, but far from dead.

Sorry, I thought I had heard that Echad only had the one priest ;D

"Dumb enough," I don't know, it's been almost a month and he's gotten off scotch-free so far and has minority support in the realm. Just cause your character doesn't like him doesn't mean everything he does it stupid or won't work out.

Um...one doesn't usually refer to someone on trial for treason as having gotten off scot-free.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Um...one doesn't usually refer to someone on trial for treason as having gotten off scot-free.

Sure they do. Case 1: Brom.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Sure they do. Case 1: Brom.

Is Brom now, at this very second, on trial for treason?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Nope, but he has been in the past, and I claimed at that very point that I got off scot-free. Still do for the most part.

Man, I sure throw things off topic.

btw, for whoever asked, I'll make a list on the first post tomorrow.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

No, he just got banned for it :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
No, he just got banned for it :)

That's just the public reason.

Brom doesn't get banned for things he does wrong. Only things he does right.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Banning is like an honorary degree, realms give it to those recognized by all for their epicness.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Banning is like an honorary degree, realms give it to those recognized by all for their epicness.

I like this guy...we seriously need to play in a realm together.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You have. I think he was around when we smashed Giask ;)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You have. I think he was around when we smashed Giask ;)

That doesn't really count. I wasn't even around during that time. The whole reason that happened was because I didn't have enough time to play the game, so my region revolted.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
1. Send Brom to Kabrinskia.
2. ? ? ?
3. Kabrinskia goes down in flames.
4. PROFIT (for D'Hara!)
------
qui audet vincit

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
1. Send Brom to Kabrinskia.
2. ? ? ?
3. Kabrinskia goes down in flames.
4. PROFIT (for D'Hara!)

1. Allison and Brom become friends/co-conspirators.
2. ????
3. Profit....Profit....oooh, sooo much Profit.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile

One doesn't usually refer to what is happening in Zonasa as a trial.

But honestly, though I don't know if Galen will ultimately get away with it, he's really handled the situation quite well, all things being considered. And the prosecution has really not argued their case very well. Left far too many loopholes.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner